Production Tech – Breakdown to Packaging
As a Production Tech, you’ll be an essential part of the process of turning full cannabis plants into our beautiful line of packaged products. This position provides manual labor which supports the post-cultivation activities and operations of our finished goods production. Under the guidance of the management team, you will break down, package, and handle products, perform inventory duties, adhere to compliance requirements, and keep safety as your top priority while working daily in our facility. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated, positive team player who is the perfect hybrid between precision and energy.
- Deliver on production goals, while focusing on safety and quality
- Break down, process and package product per SOPs to ensure compliance with state regulations and quality standards
- Maintain proper documentation practices
- Manage inventory using the state traceability system
- Practice good housekeeping habits throughout the facility
- Exhibit competency in basic organizational skills, communication skills and Windows based operating software
- Help create a positive environment by having a positive attitude and by being self-motivated
- Accurately weigh and record post-harvest materials and manage waste
- Cleans and sanitize dry rooms
- Document all activity in state traceability program
- Follow all SOPs, verbal directives, training information and policies when performing duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a hands-on environment with high attention to detail in manufacturing, food processing, warehousing, and/or inventory preferred
- High School education or equivalent
- Must be able to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure, and technique
- Employee must exhibit personal hygiene and follow the health guidelines set forth by GTI
- Must be open to accepting constructive criticism
- Basic math and computer skills
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative, and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense, and resourcefulness
- Attention to detail and ability to focus on one task for extended periods of time
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently throughout a workday with given directives
- Must have a valid driver’s license or State ID card
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal and company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be approved by the MMCC to receive an Agent Card
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform reaching, grasping, bending, stooping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry, and balance up to 50 pounds AND must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with product.