The Shift Supervisor is a hybrid between our model Patient Care Specialist and outstanding source of support for the managerial team. The ideal candidate for this job lights up the charts when it comes to setting a good example and keeping coworkers motivated. We’re looking for a natural leader with mastery of our inventory of products and top-shelf customer service skills. But running a dispensary is always a joint effort, and the Shift Supervisor will also work with the Dispensary Manager and Assistant Manager to make sure everything on the dispensary floor is running smoothly and according to rules and regulations. If you’re someone blazing with passion for helping cannabis patients and someone who always rises to the occasion of leadership, come grow your cannabis career with GTI!
- Provide best-in-class customer service to the patients and customers expected of all of our Patient Care Specialists
- Follow and uphold established policies for sales and customer service to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of every product and strain in the store, as well as industry-wide product knowledge, and strive to train and share that knowledge with other members of the team
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining inventory levels, ensuring an assortment of product, and communicating inventory action items with the GM or Store Manager
- Assist all Patient Care Specialists in the consultation of all patients and customers to ensure that the employee is empowered and informed of the right product choices by being knowledgeable of how different methods of cannabis consumption affect our patients differently. Suggest dosage starting points and upward titration for inexperienced patients
- Complete and appropriately delegate (if applicable) tasks assigned during scheduled shift, including:
- Correct cash handling and discount application
- Verification of proper paperwork, documentation, and ID for patients
- Accurate use and maintenance of the Point of Sale (POS) system
- Accurate and timely data entry of patient profiles in both the POS system and the regulatory electronic verification systems
- Assistance in verifying order deliveries for accuracy
- Security measures and safety compliance
- Maintenance of an organized and clean store
- Management of visitor log
- Maintenance of open communication with the management team and other coworkers
- Reporting of team member issues or patient situations
- End-of-day daily update emails
- Opening and closing duties
- Ensuring accuracy with the vault
- Work with the Management team to ensure retail store operations run smoothly, properly, and in compliance with the applicable rules and regulations, including:
- Daily activities, maintenance, and patient information for any reported issues and/or complaints
- Open and closing procedures
- Compliance and performance write-ups
- Lead in the onboarding and training of new Patient Care Specialists in partnership with the Assistant, Store, or General Manager
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Cannabis experience required
- At least 1 year in a supervisory or management role in a retail setting, specifically with POS business operations
- Must be proactive, with strong work ethic, attention to detail, and strong communication and leadership skills
- Meet timelines consistently and be able to effectively work under pressure
- Continuously open to constructive, developmental feedback
- High level of interpersonal skills in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, often working cross-functionally
- Inventory control experience
- Strong math skills
- Ability to use standard office equipment and computer software, including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications, and email
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Possess valid driver’s license or state ID.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance). This job function may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over, and/or crouching.
To lessen the impact on our patients, customers and teams and help keep them safe, we will require new hires to be fully vaccinated, as defined by the CDC. For questions, reach out to email@example.com.