We're looking for an experienced Information Security Governance, Risk & Compliance Manager to join our growing Information Security team. This role will be reporting to the Director of Information Security. Our security team works to create a strong Information Security function within GTI that enables the business to continue its tremendous growth. You are responsible for maintaining continuous compliance with security policies and industry laws and regulations (HIPAA, SOX, NIST, etc.). You must communicate effectively with business partners and team members to help raise the level of security awareness, security compliance, and security risk. You must have a strong understanding of security designs and policies, will perform environment-specific risk assessments factoring in both qualitative and quantitative risks, and assist with the deployment of various controls based on those assessments. You will develop policies, standards and processes to ensure that security configurations are maintained and remain consistent.
- Serve as an internal point-person for GTI employees by translating security policy and compliance frameworks into actionable requirements and guidance to inform their work
- Work with IT and business stakeholders to perform ongoing internal and vendor risk assessments, providing reporting to stakeholders and ensuring appropriate action is taken
- Create and maintain an Information Security risk register, and work with stakeholders to develop Corrective Action Plans to address risks.
- Work with IT and business stakeholders to perform ongoing compliance reviews in line with security policies, information security regulations (HIPAA, SOX/ITGC) and security frameworks (NIST, MITRE, etc.)
- Perform ongoing internal operations and tasks, including ITGC security reviews, and maintain documentation associated with GTI’s compliance requirements
- Lead ongoing internal and external SOX and HIPAA audits and other security audits that are relevant to GTI’s business; lead security and compliance audits with GTI customers, and complete customer security questionnaires
- Assist with the development of Information Security policies, standards and procedures, aligning with NIST
- Assist with the development and deployment of security training and awareness initiatives for the organization
- Participate in incident response tabletops, business continuity tests, and other compliance activities and exercises
- Create and maintain KPIs and KRIs for Information Security risk & compliance activities
Our employees come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- 5+ years of experience working in a highly regulated space, with responsibilities relating to security and compliance
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Security or Information Technology is required
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as this role will interface with business leaders
- Strong conceptual understanding of Information Security theories
- Strong project management and vendor management skills
- Deep knowledge of network, application, and cloud security controls
- Knowledge of NIST, MITRE, OWASP, HIPAA and SOX
- Strong problem solving skills with well-organized and structured work habits
- Security certifications, such as CRISC, CISM, CISSP are preferred, but not required
- We're doing some big things, and we'll find some roadblocks along the way, big and small. A big part of this role is keeping an even keel and finding the route through or around the obstacles
- This role requires lots of communication with customers and everyone at GTI. Your colleagues will rely on your ability to translate security requirements into digestible bits of information for them. Customers will expect you to quickly articulate components of the GTI security program to help them assess risk, including as part of the business development process
- Experience managing direct reports
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry
- Note: Green Thumb will be operating in accordance with the Biden Administration’s Path Out of the Pandemic. The plan requires employees of all businesses with 100 or more employees to be fully vaccinated or require weekly testing for unvaccinated employees by January 4, 2022.
As an employer of more than 100 employees, Green Thumb will be operating in accordance with the Biden Administration’s Path Out of the Pandemic should the mandate take effect.