The Instrumentation Controls Technician for Green Thumb Industries, reporting to the Maintenance and Facilities Manager, requires a high level of hands-on knowledge of manufacturing equipment, practices, machine maintenance, instrumentation, repair skills and systems; including PC, robotics, PLC programming and SCADA applications. This individual will be required to be proactive, organized, and work effectively toward milestones with minimal direction from manager and advises.
- Ensures all assigned maintenance activities are being performed safely and according to plant and corporate safety standards and policies.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and develop sustainable solutions for issues with equipment to include; PLC controlled equipment, plant electrical, hydraulic/pneumatic, and mechanical systems including motors, instrumentation, and distribution
- Analyze, troubleshoot and repair systems to maintain process efficiency
- Understand and analyze technical specifications of electro-mechanical systems including electrical schematics, PIDs, interconnect diagrams
- Perform corrective, preventive, and predictive maintenance to detect and prevent problems
- Coordinate efforts with other technicians involved in installing/maintaining equipment or components, to ensure that systems function properly
- Communicate with machine operators, understand and have a working knowledge of equipment to detect equipment problems, analyze malfunctions and verify system problems
- Provide guidance in machine setup, shutdown, calibration, and routine preventative maintenance tasks on assigned manufacturing equipment depending on area needs.
- Collects and evaluates machine operating data to make equipment adjustments to ensure process optimization.
- Train other employees in equipment operation and evaluates level of qualification
- Support minor building, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical repairs, troubleshooting & preventative maintenance as necessary
- High School Diploma
- Associates degree and/or Technical School certification or similar is preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems up to 480v
- Preferred - 3 years’ experience maintaining manufacturing systems and equipment in an automated plant
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions with high level of detail and accuracy.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must work well with others and be able to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure and technique.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, climbing, reaching, squatting, kneeling, crawling, seeing and repetitive motions.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to work on feet. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance) AND must be able to do so safely with extreme care and caution.
To lessen the impact on our patients, customers and teams and help keep them safe, we will require new hires to be fully vaccinated, as defined by the CDC. For questions pertaining to the Green Thumb vaccination policy, reach out to email@example.com.