The Human Resources Generalist facilitates the day-to-day operations and provides a wide variety of Human Resources support to all levels in the plant, ensuring the comprehensive administration of human resources policy and procedures. The position performs a variety of functional core human resources areas including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, affirmative action, benefits, compensation, recruiting, training and development, and legal compliance with applicable state and federal guidelines. At Green Thumb we understand that our business thrives when our personnel thrive, and that starts by hiring the right HR professionals.
Recruiting & New Hires:
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Facilitate committees and encourage networking, idea exchange and suggest ways to enhance staff satisfaction and work effectiveness.
- Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance.
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters.
- Assist in the communication, interpretation of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart, and contributes to the development of policies.
- Assist in administering benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs.
- Assist in developing and executing procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations.
- Participate in development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements.
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and organization as a whole, and to improve employee experience.
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required.
- Create and distribute internal communications regarding status changes, benefits, or company policies.
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb Industries.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP and company guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- May make decisions and perform the job responsibilities of the Human Resources Manager in their absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Human Resources or a related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience required.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Human Resources Management, or Organizational Development.
- 2+ years of experience working in a Human Resources role.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks and problem solve effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Exceptional computer skills in Microsoft® Office Suite (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word).
- PHR or other relevant certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems.
- Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset.
- Knowledge of HR federal & state laws and regulations.
- Operate with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
- Must have a solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry
Our Mission: To promote well-being through the power of cannabis.
We’re humble—We prefer quiet confidence and don’t shout about our success.
We’re hardworking—We put our heads down and get the job done.
We’re grateful—Working in our industry is a privilege and an act of service.
We’re transparent—Honest and open communication keeps us healthy as an organization.
We’re collaborative—And believe good ideas can come from anywhere.
We have a growth mindset—One that’s grounded in well-being.
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
As an employer of more than 100 employees, Green Thumb will be operating in accordance with the Biden Administration’s Path Out of the Pandemic should the mandate take effect.