The Buyer is responsible for the profitable procurement and timely delivery of products. Works closely with Senior management to achieve the goals of the company. Procures product in accordance with all policies and procedures established by the company.
- Resolves any Vendor discrepancies for Invoices, Purchase Orders, Missing COA’s, Compliance Violations, and Metric Manifests
- Develops strong relationships with suppliers of cannabis products to ensure consistent access to product for our patients
- Completes and tracks all Purchase Orders
- Manages all data entry for new products, promotions and discounts
- Ensure accuracy of data and analysis
- Anticipates potential problems and risks; generates ideas, insights and solutions to resolve potential problems. Proposes and executes solutions for issues identified during analysis of data
- Establishes and maintains a reputation of credibility and responsiveness in the marketplace
- Builds reports to enhance decision making at all levels of the organization. Reports will include best sellers, promotional expectations, and dispensary performance
- Audit purchasing processes to create better practices
- Understands the competitive landscape of the cannabis industry
- Manage appropriate inventory levels to ensure dispensaries can exceed sales expectations
- Performs other ad hoc duties as needed
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 3 plus years of Purchasing or Vendor Management experience in retail: cannabis experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with an advanced understanding of retail math concepts.
- Understanding of perishable procurement, logistics, inventory management, marketing, accounting and financial management practices.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills; ability to take initiative and make fact based decisions.
- Written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong computer aptitude in MS-Office including Word, Excel and Access. Experience with purchasing and accounting software.
- Ability to multitask and adjust to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to learning and continuous development
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the local state licensing entity to receive an Agent badge
- As a condition of employment, Green Thumb industries is requiring new employees to be fully vaccinated on their first day of employment. This requirement can be met by providing proof of having been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with any of the three COVID-19 vaccines (manufactured by Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson) on start date or requesting an exemption at time of offer.
As an employer of more than 100 employees, Green Thumb will be operating in accordance with the Biden Administration’s Path Out of the Pandemic should the mandate take effect.