We are looking for an experienced Production Supervisor to oversee and support our grow operation in our cannabis manufacturing facility. You will be the one to ensure product quality standards and inventory integrity are maintained for your department. The production supervision duties are mostly hands-on and direct in nature and require substantial time be spent on the plant floor working closely and directly with all production employees.
- Lead production employees to perform in a proficient manner, providing motivation through personal example and interpersonal skills
- Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities
- Establish, implement, and continuously improve departmental policies, goals, objectives
- Accomplish manufacturing results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Developing and coaching employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, disciplining employees and addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Create and oversee an employee training schedule that emphasizes productivity and resource conservation
- Use analytical skills to monitor production output and check for compliance to specifications
- Ensure employees are following all safety and operating procedures
- Employ critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including ability to spot issues in efficiency/productivity and suggest improvements
- Maintain compliance with all State laws/regulations that affect GTI operations and safety, while promoting safety policies and awareness. Ensure employees maintain compliance.
- Help establish and maintain proper inventory through the department
- Monitor and achieve departmental budgeting goals
- Establish and maintain production efficiencies as determined by facility leadership team
- Lead the team in producing Quality product that meets internal specs
- Perform RCA (Root Cause Analysis) when criteria established by leadership team is not met
- 5+ years’ experience in a production environment, 2+ years in supervisory capacity required
- High school diploma or GED required; BSc/BA preferred
- Experience in directing and evaluating subordinates
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge in Continuous improvement, ex. Kaizen, Gemba Walks
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the state badging agency to receive an Agent badge
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
- Strong odors of extracted cannabis and cannabis plants on a consistent basis
- Ability to lift 20 pounds on occasion.
As an employer of more than 100 employees, Green Thumb will be operating in accordance with the Biden Administration’s Path Out of the Pandemic should the mandate take effect.