The Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for navigating the day-to-day extraction &
refinement operations including distillation, extraction, winterization, and the production of
our cannabis-infused products. This role oversees the production of high-quality cannabis
oil and distillate, innovating concentrate products, and for operating the site’s internal
Quality Control Lab. This position will work closely with the management team to help ensure
workflow meets the necessary specifications. This position will also involve developing
protocols and standard QC testing procedures to ensure the site maintains compliance and
the highest product quality. This position is a key contributor in a company culture based on
quality, continuous improvement, and camaraderie.
• Manage lab team via hiring, scheduling, training, daily/weekly schedule of output and
conducting performance reviews as necessary
• Manage the laboratory production operations of our infused products and/or extraction
• Ensures all equipment is operational and communicates with leadership to solve
failures resulting in down time
• Responsible for accurate preparation of oil and MIP formulations
• Responsible for hygiene, organization, and overall appearance of laboratory
• Maintain high standards of quality by assisting with and overseeing document
management, program development and laboratory testing
• Oversee the set-up, operation, and maintenance of laboratory instruments, monitor
experiments, make observations, calculate and records results notifying the Operations
Manager of any deviations
• Perform analytical testing, i.e. HPLC testing, and monitors product disposition to support
• Follow SOP and standard analytical procedures to meet Good Laboratory Practices and
Good Manufacturing Practices compliance
• Oversee third party testing sampling protocols and lab results into the seed to sale system to
ensure accuracy of product test labels
• Responsible for all Certificate of Analysis (COA) record keeping per CCC regulations
• Develop and execute documentation of lab standards, inventory management, Chemical
Hygiene Policy and related labeling, and other lab-specific SOPs
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with Lab and management teams
• Capable of working with hazardous chemicals and is able to identify and report unsafe
equipment, conditions and practices so that they may be corrected prior to an incident
• Full knowledge and understanding of compliance with all Cannabis Control Commission
(CCC) rules and regulations.
• Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
• Other duties as assigned
• Associates degree in Life Sciences required, Bachelors degree preferred
• 6+ years of working in an analytical or production lab
• Familiarity with OSHA guidelines for dealing with hazardous chemicals
• Background in cannabis extraction or distillation highly desirable, not required
• Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including
word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and email
• Knowledge of laboratory best practices including data entry, cleanliness, and systems
• Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among
teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
• Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
• Possesses a high level of critical thinking
• Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations
set forth by the state and the D.O.A.; a pursuit to further their understanding and
knowledge of the industry and the laws is appreciated and commendable
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform
grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
• Physical demands – May be required to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (200 pounds with assistance).
• Active driver’s license or State ID card.
• Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
• Must pass all required background checks.
• Must be and remain compliant with all legal & company regulations for working in the
• Must be approved by the CCC to receive & maintain an Agent badge
As an employer of more than 100 employees, Green Thumb will be operating in accordance with the Biden Administration’s Path Out of the Pandemic should the mandate take effect.