The Security and Compliance Partner is the gatekeeper for our Mundelein Flagship campus. We are looking for someone levelheaded and confident who is just as passionate as we are about keeping all our patients, customers, and team members safe. In this role, you will be responsible for driving the execution of all safety, security, compliance, and loss prevention programs. Apply now to become a vital member of our growing team!
- Ensures execution of safety, security, compliance, and loss prevention programs. Includes oversight of physical security systems such as CCTV, access control, alarms, and radio communications.
- Enforce policies and procedures of the company.
- Supervises in-store security & compliance personnel.
- Supervises the performance of 3rd party security personnel assigned to the location and reports all problems or issues to management for follow-up.
- Trains staff on all programs, policies, procedures, and systems related to safety, security, compliance, and loss prevention.
- Conducts audits and details findings to monitor compliance. Implements action plans and additional training as necessary.
- Conducts analytical review of exception-based reports to identify opportunities to reduce risk and improve compliance.
- Investigates and takes the appropriate lawful actions on accidents, incidents, trespassing, suspicious activity, safety, and fire.
- Aid customers, employees, visitors, or the public as necessary, neutralize situations calmly with tact and common sense.
- Control access to premises, protect individuals, property, and proprietary information from harm or misappropriation. Protect property from theft, embezzlement, sabotage, trespassing, fire and accidents.
- Act as liaison with local police, fire, and regulatory authorities.
- High School diploma/GED and at least 2 years of loss prevention/asset protection, safety and/or retail operations experience.
- Associate/bachelor’s degree in criminal justice preferred.
- Military, law-enforcement, or security background strongly preferred
- Training in firefighting, first aid or lifesaving drills
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
- Must have a solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry
As an employer of more than 100 employees, Green Thumb will be operating in accordance with the Biden Administration’s Path Out of the Pandemic should the mandate take effect.