Green Roads has an immediate opening for an experienced and driven Warehouse/Shipping Associate located in our Deerfield Beach, FL headquarters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Warehouse/Shipping Associate position verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards. Reporting to the Manager Shipping & Logistics the Warehouse/Shipping Associate will be responsible for:
- Unpacking, examining and routing incoming shipments, rejecting damaged items, recording shortages, and corresponding with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Maintaining inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Performing all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
- Supporting the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
- Responsible for planning for pick up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order, which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by final inspection via the shipping instructions.
- Reporting defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand always.
- Maintaining the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
The Warehouse/Shipping Associate plays a critical role in verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments and preparing items for shipment.
We seek candidates with the following experience:
- Minimum of a high school education and one year of manufacturing related experience in shipping and receiving
- Ability to comfortably lift 50 pounds
- Ability to read and write English; Spanish speaking is a plus
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and use simple math
- Licensed forklift truck operator is a plus
Green Roads offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, vacation as well as a 401k program.