Game Industry Data Scientist
GreenPark seeks a skilled, experienced, and energetic Data Scientist to join the team!
The successful candidate will have substantial experience using Tableau, SQL, and machine learning to analyze player monetization, engagement, and retention in multi-million player mobile, online or console games. This position will report to the SVP Analytics.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys combining their analytic skills, business acumen, and understanding of games to provide our creative team, business leaders and corporate partners with the data and insights that will drive success. The candidate should enjoy both working with people and performing technical analyses.
Primary Responsibilities & Job Duties:
- Use advanced data science techniques and machine learning to analyze player acquisition, engagement, retention, and monetization in free-to-play games.
- Develop predictive models to identify likely churners, fraudsters and TOS violators, potential high LTV players, etc.…
- Work with GreenPark’s corporate partners to develop meaningful visualizations and reports on fan behavior.
- Provide colleagues with information about the value and use of analytics and guide them in understanding the results.
- Be a champion for the principles of self-service analytics, data democratization and data-driven decision-making across the company.
- BS/MS in quantitative discipline required (math, physics, statistics, computer science, engineering, economics, etc.)
- Minimum 4 years of experience with game analytics.
- Experience with machine learning tools, such as DataRobot, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, TPOT, R.
- Tableau mastery.
- Strong SQL scripting knowledge and experience.
- Proficiency in working with terabyte-scale data sets is required.
- Exceptional analytical ability and business judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with Google BigQuery is a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian products; Jira and Confluence is a plus
- Passion for gaming!
Please note: We do NOT offer H1B sponsorship or transfers at this time.
- Cover Letter (Recommended)
Hey, that’s game, set and match! We offer exciting times ahead, lots of spectacular twists and turns, hard work and the sweet success of achieving something most people wouldn’t think possible - if they could imagine it at all. If this sounds like it might be you, then apply now and let's chat.
The GreenPark Team