Founded in 2014, Greenlight Financial Technology is an Atlanta-based fintech company that’s committed to empowering parents to raise financially-smart kids. Its groundbreaking family finance product, Greenlight®, is a debit card for kids that parents manage by app using flexible parental controls. Patent-pending technology enables parents to choose the exact stores where their children can spend, manage chores, set parent-paid interest rates on savings and more. Kids monitor balances, create saving goals and learn to make real world trade-off decisions.
We are looking for a strong Machine Learning Engineer with the skills to build and scale machine learning models. Working as part of a new Data Science and Machine Learning Engineering team, and in partnership with key stakeholders, you will use cutting edge technologies to drive machine learning features in our product, and level-up existing features with predictive and prescriptive analytical patterns.
What you will be doing:
- Designing, developing and maintaining core system features, services and engines
- Helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product
- Working with scientists and other engineers to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Build real-time rule engines and clustering systems to identify and action on insights
- Identify business requirements and opportunities for Machine Learning use cases and work with key stakeholders to create new project / business case.
- Drive operational excellence activities required to ensure a streamlined production process of data science deliveries.
- Work in a fast-paced startup to design and build innovative applications using Automation, Machine Learning, business / functional proofs-of-concepts to scalable, production ready solutions across a strategic business group
- Partner and effectively communicate with Non-IT / Business users, functional counterparts and stakeholders to understand the underlying business problem, and work with the extended team to define and communicate the right technical solutions
What You Bring:
- Experience with AWS or other cloud technologies
- 5+ years of professional experience as a machine learning engineer or data software engineer
- You have a strong background in machine learning, with experience and expertise in personalized machine learning algorithms, especially recommender systems.
- Experience productionalizing, deploying, and training machine learning models
- Experience building and optimizing real-time models for memory and speed
- You strive to find the right balance between moving fast to deliver quality improvements to users and accumulating technical debt that drags down productivity.
- You are a strong technical advocate with a background in Java or Python.
- Experience with a number of ML techniques and frameworks, e.g. data discretization, normalization, sampling, linear regression, decision trees, deep neural networks, etc
- You have a collaborative working style with a strong focus on disciplined execution and results.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases (ie., MySQL, Snowflake, RDS)
- Knowledge of NoSQL datastores a plus (ie., DynamoDB, Mongo, HBase, Spanner, etc.)
- Experience with financial and behavioral data is a plus
- Experience with real-time fraud modeling in production a plus
What we’re building:
Greenlight helps parents raise financially-smart kids with a debit card for kids that parents manage from their phone. The new way for parents to give money and pay allowances to their children, Greenlight is safer, easier, and more flexible than using cash. Parents can choose the exact stores where their kids can spend and how much money they can spend. With these safeguards and supervision, kids learn to make their own financial decisions. Parents can encourage saving by setting an interest rate--paid by the parent--that is well-above any they would find at a bank. Kids learn about compound interest from seeing their own savings grow meaningfully. To-date, kids have saved over $4M with Greenlight.
Who we are:
Greenlight is a high-growth start-up with a purpose-driven product that families love. Started by serial founders and backed by leading investors, including Drive Capital, JP Morgan Chase, Relay Ventures, Amazon, SunTrust Bank and Wells Fargo, the Greenlight team is 100 people strong with alumni from Facebook, Hulu, Amazon Web Services, Yahoo!, Cardlytics and Square.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.