Founded in 2014, Greenlight Financial Technology is an Atlanta-based fintech company that’s committed to empowering parents to raise financially-smart kids. Its groundbreaking family finance product, Greenlight®, is a debit card for kids that parents manage by app using flexible parental controls. Patent-pending technology enables parents to choose the exact stores where their children can spend, manage chores, set parent-paid interest rates on savings and more. Kids monitor balances, create saving goals and learn to make real world trade-off decisions.
We are looking for a strong Data Scientist with the analytical skills to solve complex problems, and the natural curiosity needed to explore what problems need to be solved. Working as part of a new Data Science and Machine Learning Engineering team, and in partnership with key stakeholders, you will use cutting edge technologies to drive machine learning features in our product, and level-up existing features with predictive and prescriptive analytical patterns.
What you will be doing:
- Build real-time rule engines and clustering systems to identify and action on insights
- Identify business requirements and opportunities for Machine Learning use cases and work with key stakeholders to create new projects / business cases.
- Define best practices and consistent solutions/tools for deployment of advanced Machine Learning, Reinforcement learning and Deep Learning Models/algorithms to enhance existing business processes with predictive and intelligent decision making.
- Drive operational excellence activities required to ensure a streamlined production process of data science deliveries.
- Provide guidance and oversight on the AI/ML solution and implementation throughout the project life cycle.
- Work in a fast-paced startup to design and build innovative applications using Automation, Machine Learning, business / functional proofs-of-concepts to scalable, production ready solutions across a strategic business group
- Partner and effectively communicate with Non-IT / Business users, functional counterparts and stakeholders to understand the underlying business problem, and work with the extended team to define and communicate the right technical solutions
What you should bring:
- 5+ years experience with AWS or other cloud technologies
- You have a collaborative working style with a strong focus on disciplined execution and results.
- Advanced machine learning techniques and algorithms, e.g. gradient boosting, random forests, neural networks, SVMs
- Advanced statistical techniques, e.g. Bayesian, sampling and experimental design
- Excellent knowledge in Java and/or Python
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases (ie., MySQL, Snowflake, RDS)
- Knowledge of NoSQL data stores a plus (ie., DynamoDB, Mongo, HBase, Spanner, etc.)
- Experience with financial and behavioral data is a plus
- Experience with real-time fraud modeling in production a plus
Who we are:
Greenlight is a high-growth start-up with a purpose-driven product that families love. Started by serial founders and backed by leading investors, including Drive Capital, JP Morgan Chase, Relay Ventures, Amazon, SunTrust Bank and Wells Fargo, the Greenlight team is 100 people strong with alumni from Facebook, Hulu, Amazon Web Services, Yahoo!, Cardlytics and Square.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.