Founded in 2014, Greenlight Financial Technology is an Atlanta-based fintech company that’s committed to empowering parents to raise financially-smart kids. Its groundbreaking family finance product, Greenlight®, is a debit card for kids that parents manage by app using flexible parental controls. Patent-pending technology enables parents to choose the exact stores where their children can spend, manage chores, set parent-paid interest rates on savings and more. Kids monitor balances, create saving goals and learn to make real world trade-off decisions.
We are looking for a strong Data Analyst with the analytical skills to solve complex problems, and the natural curiosity needed to explore what problems need to be solved. Working as part of an existing Data Analytics team, and in partnership with key stakeholders, you will use a data-driven approach to propose informed solutions, collaborate with business stakeholders, identify order and patterns in our data, and spot trends that can help us to make better business decisions.
This is the perfect opportunity for an individual passionate about data, who has a drive to solve complex problems, and has the ability to grow alongside our team and our company. The ideal candidate can quickly identify trends in our data, develop creative solutions, and demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate their impacts on our business.
What you will be doing:
- Dig deep, mine our data - Dive into internal consumer data to help speed up decision making and move key business metrics. Explain the ‘what’ and ‘why’ of data results
- Adapt, solve problems - Make connections between data that might seem unrelated, and think creatively. Use your skills to clearly explain your findings.
- Communicate - Explain the importance of patterns in the data, and suggest solutions. Use your visual, oral, and written communication skills to deliver solutions.
- Bridge gaps between the data and the business - Work with the product team to create and communicate actionable, data-based insights to our business stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions using tools available in the landscape including and not limited to Tableau, Snowflake, DBT, Airflow.
- Create all required documentation on all projects using pre-defined templates and keep documentation up to date on any existing report changes and facilitate training & rollout of new tools
- Create training and internal QA/UAT documentation, perform quality assurance and ongoing monitoring of current reports and data for accuracy and usage.
- Modify improve existing reports dashboards as directed
What you should bring:
- You have 5+ years of Data Analyst experience with great analytical instincts and ability to glean insights from large swaths of data.
- You have excellent data visualization skills, preferably using Tableau, and are familiar with best-in-class dashboarding techniques.
- You have hands-on experience with SQL, and possess advanced skills that allow you to easily extract data from multiple data sources for analysis and visualization.
- You have enterprise data warehousing experience, preferably with Snowflake or other cloud-based solutions, and are familiar with modeling and ETL/ELT best practices.
- You are entrepreneurial and show leadership potential to identify and fill gaps where needed.
- You are insatiably curious about our data, and have a proven track record for leveraging analytics to drive significant business impact.
- Working cross-functionally is a way of life for you. You thrive in environments where you must bring different disciplines and points of view together, as well as balance competing priorities and deadlines.
- You act. You know how to make things happen and figure out workarounds when the team hits roadblocks. You anticipate and plan for potential major problems.
- You have an ownership mentality and have a high level of accountability.
- You are a creative and scrappy problem solver.
- Above all, you are bright and goal-oriented.
Who we are:
Greenlight is a high-growth start-up with a purpose-driven product that families love. Started by serial founders and backed by leading investors, including Drive Capital, JP Morgan Chase, Relay Ventures, Amazon, SunTrust Bank and Wells Fargo, the Greenlight team is 100 people strong with alumni from Facebook, Hulu, Amazon Web Services, Yahoo!, Cardlytics and Square.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.