Founded in 2014, Greenlight Financial Technology is an Atlanta-based fintech company that’s committed to empowering parents to raise financially-smart kids. Its groundbreaking family finance product, Greenlight®, is a debit card for kids that parents manage by app using flexible parental controls. Patent-pending technology enables parents to choose the exact stores where their children can spend, manage chores, set parent-paid interest rates on savings and more. Kids monitor balances, create saving goals and learn to make real world trade-off decisions.
Greenlight is looking for an Application Security Architect to lead us in designing and building security into our cloud infrastructure and software application services, in an exciting and agile cloud-native, mobile-first, Kubernetes-based microservice environment. Your work will ensure that Greenlight’s products remain safe against advanced threats, honor the privacy rights of our users, and satisfy several fintech compliance regimes. Cyber threats have proven to be highly capable of compromising “best practice” security, therefore, we will rely on you to blaze a cutting edge trail so we can stay ahead of the curve.
This role reports to the Information Security Officer.
What you will be doing:
- Designing and building the security aspects of Greenlight’s products, services, and SDLC.
- Advising and coaching engineers on information security and secure coding practices.
- Spearheading threat modeling and vulnerability remediation.
- Assisting with and advising on other aspects of the Information Security Program, including data privacy protections, penetration testing, producing evidence for audits, security awareness training, and enterprise risk management.
What you should bring:
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Expert understanding of mobile, web, cloud, container, and crypto technologies.
- The ability to learn new tech stacks deeply and quickly, especially Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Kotlin, Node.js, Android, iOS, Swift, and gRPC.
- Deep knowledge of the latest, advanced cyber threats and mitigations.
- A compass for navigating security risk.
- An appetite for high growth, cloud native, agile, low management environments.
- Strong opinions, and defensible independent, critical thinking.
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves and build solutions and tools if warranted.
- A thirst for continuously educating yourself and your peers.
- A humble and collaborative attitude.
Who we are:
Greenlight is a high-growth start-up with a purpose-driven product that families love. Started by serial founders and backed by leading investors, including Drive Capital, JP Morgan Chase, Relay Ventures, Amazon, SunTrust Bank and Wells Fargo, the Greenlight team is 100 people strong with alumni from Facebook, Hulu, Amazon Web Services, Yahoo!, Cardlytics and Square.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.