Founded in 2014, Greenlight Financial Technology is an Atlanta-based fintech company that’s committed to empowering parents to raise financially-smart kids. Its groundbreaking family finance product, Greenlight®, is a debit card for kids that parents manage by app using flexible parental controls. Patent-pending technology enables parents to choose the exact stores where their children can spend, manage chores, set parent-paid interest rates on savings and more. Kids monitor balances, create saving goals and learn to make real world trade-off decisions.
Greenlight is looking for a technical Engineering Manager, QA and Automation to organize the vision of how Greenlight best protects our customers with automated quality checks in the build, test and release process. In this role, you will manage a team of automation engineers and be hands on with automation yourself.
This role reports to the VP of Engineering.
Technologies we use:
- MySQL Aurora, DynamoDB, Snowflake, Redis
- Node.js, Java, Spring Boot
- React, Redux, Swift, Kotlin
- REST, graphQL, gRPC
- AWS, EKS, Lambda
- Appium, Maven
- Webdriverio, Browserstrack, Jenkins
- Postman, newman
What you will be doing:
- Set the vision for quality QA and automation at Greenlight and partner with stakeholders across the business to create a roadmap for automation
- Work closely with the QA and Automation team to help achieve critical milestones on Greenlight initiatives
- Hire, retain and grow a team of talented engineers focused on quality
- Build and improve a repeatable testing approach for Greenlight’s product and platform
- Ensure strong collaboration with feature squad engineers on code reviews, unit and integration testing approaches
What you should bring:
- 7+ years of engineering experience; 3+ years of management experience
- Experience working with large scale, enterprise applications or a consumer facing application that has a large user base
- Experience creating test plans that incorporate functional and non-functional requirements and a willingness to teach others best practices around creating test plans
- Extensive experience creating technical web service automated tests
- Bonus points for experience incorporating automated test suites into CI/CD tooling and experience setting up testing environments according to continuous delivery pipeline
Who we are:
Greenlight is a high-growth start-up with a purpose-driven product that families love. Started by serial founders and backed by leading investors, including Drive Capital, JP Morgan Chase, Relay Ventures, Amazon, SunTrust Bank and Wells Fargo, the Greenlight team is 100 people strong with alumni from Facebook, Hulu, Amazon Web Services, Yahoo!, Cardlytics and Square.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.