Founded in 2014, Greenlight Financial Technology is an Atlanta-based fintech company that’s committed to empowering parents to raise financially-smart kids. Its groundbreaking family finance product, Greenlight®, is a debit card for kids that parents manage by app using flexible parental controls. Patent-pending technology enables parents to choose the exact stores where their children can spend, manage chores, set parent-paid interest rates on savings and more. Kids monitor balances, create saving goals and learn to make real world trade-off decisions.
Description of role:
In this role, you will be responsible for helping shape the Greenlight customer experience. Working with Design, Marketing, Operations, and Engineering teams, you will use an evidence-based approach to understand current customer and market behaviors, identify new opportunities, and launch new solutions to grow the business.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone passionate about building best-in-class products, and has a drive to solve and prioritize customer needs. The ideal candidate will have experience with the entire product development lifecycle - You will need to quickly identify customer problems using data and customer empathy, develop a strong product vision, and immerse yourself within the agile development team to execute your vision.
What you will be doing:
- Dig deep, ruthlessly prioritize - Tear down competitor products, dive into internal consumer data, conduct and leverage user research, and juggle multiple priorities from multiple stakeholders to gather evidence that informs your priorities.
- Ship Fast, Learn Fast - Transform high level business objectives into best-in-breed consumer experience that amazes and delights our users while meeting aggressive business growth targets.
- Measure - Identify your goal and metrics to drive prioritization and timely delivery. Develop a set of KPIs and reporting and analytics to monitor, and report product trends. Quickly iterate based on insights from your analysis to continuously improve upon your KPIs.
- Lead - Own the business success of your product area and drive product initiatives from inception through execution by leading cross functional teams including engineering, design, and marketing.
What you should bring:
- You have 3-5 years of Product Management experience, with strong digital consumer (B2C) experience required. Mobile app and/or payments experience preferred.
- You have great product and business instincts and use that expertise as the foundation for your product work.
- You are insatiably curious about consumer behavior and desire to learn about those behaviors from talking to customers, gathering data, and using other resources to develop a hypothesis and validate it.
- You are highly analytical, utilizing both quantitative and qualitative data to identify behavioral insights.
- Working cross-functionally is a way of life for you. You thrive in environments where you must bring different disciplines and points of view together and balance competing priorities and deadlines.
- You act. You know how to make things happen and figure out workarounds when the team hits roadblocks. You anticipate and plan for potential major problems.
- You have an ownership mentality and have a high level of accountability. You identify opportunities for improvement across product, process, communication and take the lead on implementing improvement.
- You are a creative and scrappy problem solver.
- Above all, you have a growth mindset and are goal-oriented.
What we’re building:
Greenlight helps parents raise financially-smart kids with a debit card for kids that parents manage from their phone. The new way for parents to give money and pay allowances to their children, Greenlight is safer, easier, and more flexible than using cash. Parents can choose the exact stores where their kids can spend and how much money they can spend. With these safeguards and supervision, kids learn to make their own financial decisions. Parents can encourage saving by setting an interest rate--paid by the parent--that is well-above any they would find at a bank. Kids learn about compound interest from seeing their own savings grow meaningfully. To-date, kids have saved over $4M with Greenlight.
Who we are:
Greenlight is a high-growth start-up with a purpose-driven product that families love. Started by serial founders and backed by leading investors, including Drive Capital, JP Morgan Chase, Relay Ventures, Amazon, SunTrust Bank and Wells Fargo, the Greenlight team is 100 people strong with alumni from Facebook, Hulu, Amazon Web Services, Yahoo!, Cardlytics and Square.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.