Founded in 2014, Greenlight Financial Technology is an Atlanta-based fintech company that’s committed to empowering parents to raise financially-smart kids. Its groundbreaking family finance product, Greenlight®, is a debit card for kids that parents manage by app using flexible parental controls. Patent-pending technology enables parents to choose the exact stores where their children can spend, manage chores, set parent-paid interest rates on savings and more. Kids monitor balances, create saving goals and learn to make real world trade-off decisions.
Greenlight is looking for an exceptional VP of Engineering to lead IT, Cloud Infrastructure and Technical Operations through a period of rapid growth. This team focuses on internal IT and systems, cloud technologies and infrastructure, and tier 3 engineering support and escalations. You will coach and develop a strong team of managers and engineers in an agile environment built on modern technology and a cloud native environment. We are looking for someone passionate about delivering and operating products at scale and able to find unique solutions to challenging problems.
This role will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
Technologies we use:
- Swift, Kotlin, React, Redux
- Node.js, Java
- REST, graphQL, gRPC
- AWS, EKS, Lambda
What you will be doing:
- Lead a team of highly-skilled engineers and managers in IT, cloud and technical operations
- Promote the importance of infrastructure-as-code and ensure a strong Cloud Native infrastructure in AWS
- Implement AWS best practices, roles, policies and tools to maintain a secure computing environment
- Lead the response to production issues and achieve 99.999% uptime
- Improve technical operations processes and monitoring to address bugs quickly
- Manage corporate IT environment and team to ensure we have best in class systems, security and equipment
- Work closely with the recruiting team to support the recruitment of top talent, and hire, develop and coach a high-performing team of managers and engineers
What you should bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required; Masters or MBA a plus
- 10+ years of experience in software development, cloud architecture and/or technical operations
- 5+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- Knowledge of technical, operational and cultural structures required to scale teams in a high-growth environment
Who we are:
Greenlight is a high-growth start-up with a purpose-driven product that families love. Started by serial founders and backed by leading investors, including Drive Capital, JP Morgan Chase, Relay Ventures, Amazon, SunTrust Bank and Wells Fargo, the Greenlight team is 100 people strong with alumni from Facebook, Hulu, Amazon Web Services, Yahoo!, Cardlytics and Square.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.