Founded in 2014, Greenlight Financial Technology is an Atlanta-based fintech company that’s committed to empowering parents to raise financially-smart kids. Its groundbreaking family finance product, Greenlight®, is a debit card for kids that parents manage by app using flexible parental controls. Patent-pending technology enables parents to choose the exact stores where their children can spend, manage chores, set parent-paid interest rates on savings and more. Kids monitor balances, create saving goals and learn to make real world trade-off decisions.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead one of our Platform Engineering teams. You may be a fit for this role if you thrive in a high growth, high impact environment and lead teams with high standards and a commitment to continuous improvement. You also should have experience leading teams in the deployment and operational phases of the SDLC.
Technologies we use:
- Node.js, Java
- React, Redux, Swift, Kotlin
- REST, gRPC
- MySQL, Redis
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage and mentor a team of software engineers in our platform engineering group
- Work with other leaders across engineering and product to inform the technical roadmap and priorities
- Improve engineering tooling, process, and standards to enable faster, more consistent, more reliable, and highly repeatable application delivery
- Lead process improvement efforts as we grow our team and scale our product
- Provide guidance and best practices around security for applications and platform infrastructure
- Remain engaged with latest technology trends and understand operational challenges to continually evolve application delivery processes and platform components
- Support platform technology decisions based on performance metrics and operational SLAs
- Recruit, develop and retain great engineers
What you should bring:
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent, masters preferred
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience managing teams, ideally with 5+ developers
- Strong technical background in developing products, services or platforms
- Ability to develop a sense of ownership, accountability & urgency with your teams
- Experience collaborating with engineering leaders and cross-functional team members
- Ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance to the team
Who we are:
Greenlight is a high-growth start-up with a purpose-driven product that families love. Started by serial founders and backed by leading investors, including Drive Capital, JP Morgan Chase, Relay Ventures, Amazon, SunTrust Bank and Wells Fargo, the Greenlight team is 100 people strong with alumni from Facebook, Hulu, Amazon Web Services, Yahoo!, Cardlytics and Square.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.