Founded in 2014, Greenlight Financial Technology is an Atlanta-based fintech company that’s committed to empowering parents to raise financially-smart kids. Its groundbreaking family finance product, Greenlight®, is a debit card for kids that parents manage by app using flexible parental controls. Patent-pending technology enables parents to choose the exact stores where their children can spend, manage chores, set parent-paid interest rates on savings and more. Kids monitor balances, create saving goals and learn to make real world trade-off decisions.
We are looking for a backend engineer with a background or interest in building scalable systems and services. The ideal candidate understands application design and development, but also understands and wants to participate in the deployment and operational phases of the SDLC. In this role, you will be working primarily with backend node.js and java. Payments experience is required.
This role reports to an Engineering Manager.
Technologies we use:
- Node.js, Java
- React, Redux, Swift, Kotlin
- REST, gRPC
- MySQL, DocumentDB, Redis
- Kubernetes, Ambassador
What you will be doing:
- Design, build, and maintain platform APIs and services across the Greenlight platform
- Enhance existing services and applications to increase availability, reliability, and scalability in a microservices environment
- Work across the engineering team to build new features and services at scale
- Improve engineering tooling, process, and standards to enable faster, more consistent, more reliable, and highly repeatable application delivery
- Remain engaged with latest technology trends and understand operational challenges to continually evolve application delivery processes and platform components
- Support platform technology decisions based on performance metrics and operational SLAs
- Provide guidance and best practices around security for applications and platform infrastructure
What you should bring:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent, Masters degree preferred
- 6+ years software development experience
- Payments experience
- Experiencing working on a large scale product in Java or Node
- The ability to ship mission critical systems with high confidence
- Understand the benefits of microservices, but also understand the challenges they bring and current trends on how to address those challenges
- Strong written and verbal communication skills- client facing experience is ideal
Who we are:
Greenlight is a high-growth start-up with a purpose-driven product that families love. Started by serial founders and backed by leading investors, including Drive Capital, JP Morgan Chase, Relay Ventures, Amazon, SunTrust Bank and Wells Fargo, the Greenlight team is 100 people strong with alumni from Facebook, Hulu, Amazon Web Services, Yahoo!, Cardlytics and Square.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.