Founded in 2014, Greenlight Financial Technology is an Atlanta-based fintech company that’s committed to empowering parents to raise financially-smart kids. Its groundbreaking family finance product, Greenlight®, is a debit card for kids that parents manage by app using flexible parental controls. Patent-pending technology enables parents to choose the exact stores where their children can spend, manage chores, set parent-paid interest rates on savings and more. Kids monitor balances, create saving goals and learn to make real world trade-off decisions.
We are looking for a mobile engineer with experience building and shipping native Android applications. The ideal candidate understands application design and development, but also understands and wants to participate in the deployment and operational phases of the SDLC. To be successful in this role, you must be comfortable working in a fast moving, high growth environment, and you want to do more than write code.
This role reports to an Engineering Manager.
Technologies we use:
- MVI architecture
What you will be doing:
- Design, build, and maintain mobile applications and services across the Greenlight platform
- Enhance existing services and applications to increase availability, reliability, and scalability
- Lead effort to drive overall code quality
- Collaborate with various members of the engineering team to build new features and services at scale
- Improve engineering tooling, process, and standards to enable faster, more consistent, more reliable, and highly repeatable application delivery
- Remain engaged with the latest technology trends and understand operational challenges to continually evolve application delivery processes
- Support technology decisions based on performance metrics and operational SLAs
- Provide guidance and best practices around security for applications
What you should bring:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years software development experience
- Experience working on a large scale Android application
- The ability to ship mission critical features with high confidence
- Demonstrated desire to work collaboratively with a high performing team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with version control tools
- Knowledge of automated build systems
- Comprehensive understanding of Agile scrum development process
- Familiarity with issue and project tracking tools
Who we are:
Greenlight is a high-growth start-up with a purpose-driven product that families love. Started by serial founders and backed by leading investors, including Drive Capital, JP Morgan Chase, Relay Ventures, Amazon, SunTrust Bank and Wells Fargo, the Greenlight team is 100 people strong with alumni from Facebook, Hulu, Amazon Web Services, Yahoo!, Cardlytics and Square.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.