Founded in 2014, Greenlight Financial Technology is an Atlanta-based fintech company that’s committed to empowering parents to raise financially-smart kids. Its groundbreaking family finance product, Greenlight®, is a debit card for kids that parents manage by app using flexible parental controls. Patent-pending technology enables parents to choose the exact stores where their children can spend, manage chores, set parent-paid interest rates on savings and more. Kids monitor balances, create saving goals and learn to make real world trade-off decisions.
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer with a strong background in infrastructure and a passion for Cloud, specifically AWS. The ideal candidate understands Cloud Native concepts and embraces them. They also bring a strong understanding of Cloud Formation and/or Terraform and understand the importance of Infrastructure-as-code.
Technologies we use:
- Node.js, Java, Swift, Kotlin
- React, Redux, Express
- REST, gRPC
- MySQL, DocumentDB, Redis, s3
- Kubernetes, Ambassador, Istio
What you will be doing:
- Design, build and maintain infrastructure on AWS environment
- Write scripts to automate operations and server management
- Write Cloud Formation and Terraform
- Configure AWS Roles and Policies to maintain a secure compute environment
- Troubleshoot production issues involving infrastructure and networking communications problems
- Produce documentation describing current and future configuration processes, policies and topologies.
What you should bring:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years Cloud engineering experience
- A deep understanding of cloud infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) and how to integrate them to deliver Cloud Native services.
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, etc...)
- Experience in AWS services and technologies such as EC2, Beanstalk, IAM, Lambda, RDS, ELB, VPC, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Elasticache, etc...
- Knowledge in security engineering, threat models and vulnerability management in Cloud environments.
- A strong understanding of Cloud Native concepts and how they apply to AWS
- A deep knowledge of AWS networking
- Fluent in Linux administration & shell scripting (BASH)
- Understand the benefits of microservices, but also understand the challenges they bring and current trends on how to address those challenges
- Experience with New Relic and/or Sentry is a plus
- AWS Associate/Professional Certification is an advantage.
Who we are:
Greenlight is a high-growth start-up with a purpose-driven product that families love. Started by serial founders and backed by leading investors, including Drive Capital, JP Morgan Chase, Relay Ventures, Amazon, SunTrust Bank and Wells Fargo, the Greenlight team is 100 people strong with alumni from Facebook, Hulu, Amazon Web Services, Yahoo!, Cardlytics and Square.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.