Founded in 2014, Greenlight Financial Technology is an Atlanta-based fintech company that’s committed to empowering parents to raise financially-smart kids. Its groundbreaking family finance product, Greenlight®, is a debit card for kids that parents manage by app using flexible parental controls. Patent-pending technology enables parents to choose the exact stores where their children can spend, manage chores, set parent-paid interest rates on savings and more. Kids monitor balances, create saving goals and learn to make real world trade-off decisions.
We’re looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of Risk Management Analyst. A successful candidate will possess the ability to sift through dynamic and static transactional and customer data, determine patterns and trends in losses. They will then provide business cases to create rules/alerts used to mitigate losses with minimal customer impact. To do so, the candidate will use various methods such as database queries and risk mitigation tools and applications.
This position is a member of the Operations Department and reports to SVP, Operations while working alongside the Manager of Risk Management.
Who you are:
- Someone who possesses flexibility and a strong team ethic
- A solution-oriented individual when challenges and opportunities arise
- A detail oriented problem solver with the ability to perform queries via SQL, Tableau, etc.
What you will be doing:
- Mine historic loss accounts to identify potential loss patterns & trending.
- Build rule/alert strategy for Risk Management Specialists account review.
- Analyze potential alerts/rules for “good customer” impact vs. risk mitigation to limit false positives and negative customer impact.
- Routinely audit current rule set to determine effectiveness and eliminate “waste”.
- Analyze and resolve Funding Risk Increase events.
- Determine and build business case for potential 3rd party tools/applications.
- Contribute to the creation of fraud rules by providing analytical data to support decisions
- Maintain business documentation for rules/alerts set.
- Maintain rule/alert reporting, including triggers, freezes, closures, etc.
- Provide support to the Operational and Business units of the organization on fraud-related matters.
- Recommend best practices based on observation of changing patterns and trends.
What you should bring:
- College Degree.
- 1-3 years of Fraud/Risk/Credit Analysis, or similar fields.
- Ability to perform various database queries as necessary.
- Understanding of fintech environment and business practices a plus.
- Knowledge of Fraud Solution Providers (Lexis Nexis, IDology, etc.) and analytics tools a plus.
When you will be working:
Position will be a weekday schedule. Greenlight is telecommute friendly.
Who we are:
Greenlight is a high-growth start-up with a purpose-driven product that families love. Started by serial founders and backed by leading investors, including Drive Capital, JP Morgan Chase, Relay Ventures, Amazon, SunTrust Bank and Wells Fargo, the Greenlight team is 100 people strong with alumni from Facebook, Hulu, Amazon Web Services, Yahoo!, Cardlytics and Square.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.