Product Strategy Analyst
We’re looking for an intellectually curious, strategic thinker, possessing strong analytical and communication skills, to guide measurement, strategy, and decision-making for the entire organization. If you enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, and have experience using analytics to affect revenue, growth, operations or beyond, we’re looking for someone like you!
What you will be doing:
- Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve for them using advanced analytics and modeling.
- Provide insights to help business and product leaders understand marketplace dynamics, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to provide insights and performance improvement recommendations.
- Team up with engineering and product teams to develop & test hypotheses to drive overall improvements in the products.
- Design and build analytics experiments, reports, and dashboards using SQL, R, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools
- Identify and measure levers to help move essential metrics and make recommendations
- Work backwards from understanding and sizing problems to ideating solutions
What you will bring:
- A degree in Finance/Accounting, Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Business, Computer Science, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics, consulting, or related quantitative role
- The insight to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- Proficient in SQL queries and statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) with statistical packages, such as Matlab, R, SAS or Python
- Experience in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau) is a plus
- A can-do attitude. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves as a hands-on leader and help the team internalize best practices by example.
- Insatiable curiosity about consumer behavior and a desire to learn about those behaviors to identify actionable insights and translate quantitative analyses into compelling and actionable recommendations.
- Experience working with user segmentation, cohort analyses, time series analyses, regression models, funnel optimization, etc.
What we’re building:
Greenlight helps parents raise financially-smart kids with a debit card for kids that parents manage from their phone. The new way for parents to give money and pay allowances to their children, Greenlight is safer, easier, and more flexible than using cash. Parents can choose the exact stores where their kids can spend and how much money they can spend. With these safeguards and supervision, kids learn to make their own financial decisions. Parents can encourage saving by setting an interest rate--paid by the parent--that is well-above any they would find at a bank. Kids learn about compound interest from seeing their own savings grow meaningfully. To-date, kids have saved over $10M with Greenlight.
Who we are:
Greenlight is a high-growth start-up with a purpose-driven product that families love. Started by serial founders and backed by leading investors, including Drive Capital, JP Morgan Chase, Relay Ventures, Amazon, SunTrust Bank and Wells Fargo, the Greenlight team is 100 people strong with alumni from Facebook, Hulu, Amazon Web Services, Yahoo!, Cardlytics and Square.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.