Founded in 2014, Greenlight Financial Technology is an Atlanta-based fintech company that’s committed to empowering parents to raise financially-smart kids. Its groundbreaking family finance product, Greenlight®, is a debit card for kids that parents manage by app using flexible parental controls. Patent-pending technology enables parents to choose the exact stores where their children can spend, manage chores, set parent-paid interest rates on savings and more. Kids monitor balances, create saving goals and learn to make real world trade-off decisions.
Greenlight is looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer to act as our go-to analytics resource providing missing critical insights that will drive growth for Greenlight. The BI engineer will play a central role in our cross functional analytics team and help to share the direction and standards for data at Greenlight, which will serve as the foundation for decision-making.
What you will be doing:
- Lead data warehouse requirements gathering, design, build , and maintenance to best support rapidly evolving products and business challenges
- Collect, process, and data from different sources using SQL, Python, or other scripting languages
- Work with cross-functional teams to automate reporting and build a strong, scalable reporting architecture
- Learn and manage a portfolio of cutting-edge analytics tools which empower analysts and data scientists across the company
- Identify and address technical issues across all BI tools and maintaining documentation
- Continuously improve ETL jobs to hit performance targets
What you should bring:
- 3+ years experience working in business intelligence, analytics, data engineering, or a similar role
- An ability to code complex SQL queries. Python or R a plus
- Have used modern relational reporting databases (e.g. Snowflake, Redshift) and or are comfortable with PostgreSQL
- Advanced data visualization skills and can work comfortably in different BI tools including Tableau and Looker.
- Experience working with and joining together user level marketing and product data from tools such as Segment
- Experience knowing when to build an ETL task vs when to build your queries in the BI tool directly.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with teams to assess their data needs.
- A can-do attitude. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves as a hands-on leader and help the team internalize best practices by example
Who we are:
Greenlight is a high-growth start-up with a purpose-driven product that families love. Started by serial founders and backed by leading investors, including Drive Capital, JP Morgan Chase, Relay Ventures, Amazon, SunTrust Bank and Wells Fargo, the Greenlight team is 100 people strong with alumni from Facebook, Hulu, Amazon Web Services, Yahoo!, Cardlytics and Square.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.