Founded in 2014, Greenlight Financial Technology is an Atlanta-based fintech company that’s committed to empowering parents to raise financially-smart kids. Its groundbreaking family finance product, Greenlight®, is a debit card for kids that parents manage by app using flexible parental controls. Patent-pending technology enables parents to choose the exact stores where their children can spend, manage chores, set parent-paid interest rates on savings and more. Kids monitor balances, create saving goals and learn to make real world trade-off decisions.
Greenlight is looking for a Senior Database Engineer that will be responsible for Greenlight’s data platform infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be experienced in managing a complex database environment in AWS and thrives in a fast-paced startup environment.
This role reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
Technologies we use:
- MySQL Aurora, DynamoDB, Snowflake, Redis
- Node.js, Java, Spring Boot
- React, Redux, Swift, Kotlin
- REST, graphQL, gRPC
- AWS, EKS, Lambda
What you will be doing:
- Designing and working hands-on to build scalable, reliable, and distributed systems in the Data Platforms and Infrastructure space
- Manage and monitorQA/Staging/Production microservice database instances that include SQL and NoSQL clusters
- Streamline redundant operations and automate recurring tasks through scripting and use of modern technologies.
- Analyze database workloads, identify problem spots and design solutions to address these problems using monitoring and alerting tools for cloud based and on-premise deployments.
- Lead incident, security and performance analysis.
- Database support and engineering
- Follow change management and security guidelines
- Deliver various DB changes to mission critical production databases
- Troubleshoot SQL and NoSQL engines
- Support initiatives in Agile frameworks across multiple business units.
What you should bring:
- Comfort working in a continuous deployment environment
- Experience with environments build and support including design, capacity planning, cluster setup, performance tuning and monitoring for SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with disaster recovery and business continuity practice
- Familiarity with Cloud providers (particularly AWS) and open source automation software.
- Knowledge across multiple data store platforms
Who we are:
Greenlight is a high-growth start-up with a purpose-driven product that families love. Started by serial founders and backed by leading investors, including Drive Capital, JP Morgan Chase, Relay Ventures, Amazon, SunTrust Bank and Wells Fargo, the Greenlight team is 100 people strong with alumni from Facebook, Hulu, Amazon Web Services, Yahoo!, Cardlytics and Square.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.