Founded in 2014, Greenlight Financial Technology is an Atlanta-based fintech company that’s committed to empowering parents to raise financially-smart kids. Its groundbreaking family finance product, Greenlight®, is a debit card for kids that parents manage by app using flexible parental controls. Patent-pending technology enables parents to choose the exact stores where their children can spend, manage chores, set parent-paid interest rates on savings and more. Kids monitor balances, create saving goals and learn to make real world trade-off decisions.
As a payments fintech business which markets directly to consumers, Greenlight’s regulatory requirements cover a wide area from payments to financial services to privacy. The Director of Compliance must be experienced in these areas or show a willingness to quickly learn and be able to drive the business to achieve and sustain compliance with all of its regulatory obligations. This role will need to collaborate cross-functionally with subject matter experts while also getting hands-on into the details.
We don’t expect someone to meet every single bullet point of this job, so if you think you are a fit, please apply!
Who you are:
- Self-directed with the ability to independently plan and manage work
- Detailed-oriented, organized and accountable
- Driven with a focus on project planning and meeting deadlines
- A strong communicator and collaborator
What you will be doing:
- Plan, manage, and execute audit and assessment activities and their remediation tasks for the business, including, without limitation, Payment Card Industry-Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS) assessments, bank audits, Service Organization Control (SOC) reviews (e.g., SOC 1 or 2), and vendor assessments
- Manage Board and employee training for key compliance policies and procedures
- Manage key relationships with third party auditors, issuing bank, and regulators
- Manage submission and approval of any new product/feature updates or marketing materials from the issuing bank
- Monitor consumer complaints and suggest operational and other changes to remediate any common patterns that are discovered
- Establish fraud and dispute policies to ensure compliance with card scheme zero liability policies, Regulation E and UDAP/UDAAP protections
- Collaborate with IT and security architecture on TPO compliance, Incident Response Plans and Information Security Policies
- Serve as a compliance officer for an SEC licensed Registered Investment Advisor with the support of an expert compliance advisory firm
What you should bring:
- 5+ years of experience in a compliance role, preferably in a fintech or financial services organization
- Expertly familiar with card network rules and bank regulatory requirements
- Project Management experience
- Experience drafting policies and procedures that satisfy regulatory requirements and support internal controls
- Experience researching and analyzing statutes, regulations and card network rules to determine the actions required by the business to comply
- Experience risk scoring third party vendors
- Experience as a compliance officer for a Registered Investment Advisor or a desire to learn a new and exciting area of SEC compliance with the extensive support of one of the leading SEC compliance advisory firms.
Who we are:
Greenlight is a high-growth start-up with a purpose-driven product that families love. Started by serial founders and backed by leading investors, including Drive Capital, JP Morgan Chase, Relay Ventures, Amazon, SunTrust Bank and Wells Fargo, the Greenlight team is 100 people strong with alumni from Facebook, Hulu, Amazon Web Services, Yahoo!, Cardlytics and Square.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.