Founded in 2014, Greenlight Financial Technology is an Atlanta-based fintech company that’s committed to empowering parents to raise financially-smart kids. Its groundbreaking family finance product, Greenlight®, is a debit card for kids that parents manage by app using flexible parental controls. Patent-pending technology enables parents to choose the exact stores where their children can spend, manage chores, set parent-paid interest rates on savings and more. Kids monitor balances, create saving goals and learn to make real world trade-off decisions.
We are looking for a Mobile Engineer with experience building and shipping iOS applications. The ideal candidate understands mobile application design and development, and enjoys implementing features from the ground up. You have proven debugging and performance testing skills. You are comfortable working in a fast paced, high-growth environment and you want to do more than write code.
This role reports to an Engineering Manager.
Technologies we use:
- Swift and Objective-C development using XCode
- CocoaPods, Carthage for dependency management
- RESTful services
What you will be doing:
- Design, build, and maintain mobile applications and features across the Greenlight platform at a rapidly growing scale
- Enhance existing applications and features
- Ensure performance, code quality, testing, and stability of applications
- Work across the product and engineering teams to define functional specs and designs for initiatives
- Provide guidance on Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines through collaboration with the design team
- Improve engineering tooling, process, and standards to enable faster, more consistent, more reliable, and highly repeatable application delivery
- Remain engaged with the latest technology and industry UI trends to continually evolve and improve application experiences
What you should bring:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years software development experience, 1+ year with iOS and Swift
- Experience working on applications that communicate with networking APIs
- Contributed to or published an app on the Apple App Store
- Ability to ship mission critical features with high confidence
- Insight on development implications during feature research and planning stages
- Passion for implementing high quality native UI mobile experiences
- Demonstrated desire to work collaboratively with a high performing cross-functional team
- Experience with version control tools and knowledge of automated build systems
- Comprehensive understanding of Agile scrum development process
- Familiarity with issue and project tracking tools
Who we are:
Greenlight is a high-growth start-up with a purpose-driven product that families love. Started by serial founders and backed by leading investors, including Drive Capital, JP Morgan Chase, Relay Ventures, Amazon, SunTrust Bank and Wells Fargo, the Greenlight team is 100 people strong with alumni from Facebook, Hulu, Amazon Web Services, Yahoo!, Cardlytics, and Square.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.