Founded in 2014, Greenlight Financial Technology is an Atlanta-based fintech company that’s committed to empowering parents to raise financially-smart kids. Its groundbreaking family finance product, Greenlight®, is a debit card for kids that parents manage by app using flexible parental controls. Patent-pending technology enables parents to choose the exact stores where their children can spend, manage chores, set parent-paid interest rates on savings and more. Kids monitor balances, create saving goals and learn to make real world trade-off decisions.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead Greenlight’s Growth Engineering team. In this role, you will lead a development team that is responsible for developing, iterating, and continually improving our registration website and mobile registration process, as well as our marketing website. You will collaborate closely with marketing and other business stakeholders to enable customer acquisition.
This role reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
Technologies we use:
- Node.js, Java
- React, Redux, Swift, Kotlin
- REST, gRPC
- MySQL, Redis
What you’ll be doing:
- Build websites that directly enable customer acquisition growth, as well as our main website and careers page
- Define and implement coding standards and frameworks to facilitate effective A/B testing
- Design, build, and maintain A/B testing experiments and help to build new features across the Greenlight platform
- Build business logic that determines the signup experience a user sees
- Lead process improvement efforts as we grow our team and scale our product
- Manage and mentor a team of software engineers; recruit, develop and retain great engineers
- Remain engaged with latest technology trends and understand operational challenges to continually evolve growth marketing websites and mobile registration
What you should bring:
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience managing teams, ideally with 5+ developers
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent, masters preferred
- Strong technical background in Growth Engineering and best practices around a/b testing and customer acquisition
- Experience running A/B tests to optimize the growth of a product
- Ability to develop a sense of ownership, accountability & urgency with your teams
- Experience collaborating with engineering leaders and cross-functional team members; experience working directly with marketing a plus
- Ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance to the team
Who we are:
Greenlight is a high-growth start-up with a purpose-driven product that families love. Started by serial founders and backed by leading investors, including Drive Capital, JP Morgan Chase, Relay Ventures, Amazon, SunTrust Bank and Wells Fargo, the Greenlight team is 100 people strong with alumni from Facebook, Hulu, Amazon Web Services, Yahoo!, Cardlytics and Square.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.