Green Bits is the leading provider of retail Point of Sale solutions to the legal cannabis industry. This exciting market is rapidly growing, and Green Bits is growing with it. Our product covers everything from the register to inventory management to integration with state tracking systems. Our expertise in helping our retail customers stay compliant with state rules is what sets cannabis retail apart from all other types of retail, and what sets Green Bits apart from the competition.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join one of our product teams. In this role you will be building mission critical parts of our system while also coaching and mentoring junior members of the team. You will work with product management to understand our customers' needs and find the right solutions.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a mastery of consumer insights to develop their strategy, bring together cross-functional stakeholders to execute on their plans, and will confidently align senior leadership around those plans. The goal of the Director of Product Marketing is to influence the organization through a learning, data-driven, experimenting approach that builds the tools and processes necessary to drive product/business goals with marketing activities..
We are looking for a smart, talented, and experienced product marketing professional to lead the PM efforts for the leading cannabis Point-of-Sale Software. Do you love working with product and sales leaders? Does creating killer product positioning and go to market strategy energize you? Are you constantly looking for ways to create content and present information in new and impactful ways? Is working with demand gen teams to create pipe and drive the bottom line your jam? Love collaborating with some of the most dynamic and hard-working team in the industry?
Work with cross-functional departments, including product management, sales, engineering, marketing, and professional services to synthesize effective positioning and messaging that drives sales of our products through all channels.
As a fast-moving startup, we value people who can take on whatever comes their way, figure it out, and get it done. But these are the typical responsibilities:
- Lead product marketing efforts, including market segment research and validation, pricing, product launches, messaging, go-to-market strategy, and storytelling
- Define and communicate value propositions that differentiate Green Bits, winning the hearts and minds of Cannabis Retailers
- Promote strong feedback loops with the product, sales, and customer success teams to craft compelling messaging, materials, go-to-market efforts and customer communications
- Conduct research to build out customer personas, segmentation, and develop content tailored to customers throughout their lifecycle, to increase feature usage and grow customer organizations. Research: industry research, competitor research, customer research, market landscape, win/loss.
- Work with partners to develop effective co-marketing strategies that demonstrate the power of tools that integrate with Green Bits
- Act as a key member of the marketing strategic leadership team
- Help develop the positioning, pricing and campaign strategy for our product
- Work with visual and interaction designers to ensure a compelling experience
- Interact with customers to articulate and demonstrate product value
- Lead go-to-market activities to position our product
- Work with other internal teams (sales, marketing, customer success, and product) to support and extend the productAbility to have a large and lasting impact on a fast-growing company
Just as we don’t have fixed responsibilities, we do not stand on rigid qualifications. As guidance, people with this kind of background tend to do well:
- 12 + years product marketing experience in SaaS/Enterprise software company
- Superior communication skills, including direct customer interactions
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a strong message via multiple channels (video, slides, and long-form writing)