Great Oaks Fellowship In partnership with AmeriCorps
As a Great Oaks (GO) AmeriCorps Fellow, you will play an integral role in the school community by providing small groups of students individualized instruction, mentorship, and enrichment opportunities each day in a full-time AmeriCorps service position. You will serve groups of elementary, middle or high school students Monday-Friday and some weekends- an average service day lasting 9 hours.
You will gain valuable professional and personal experience and acquire skills in civic-engagement, teamwork and leadership during the service term. You could potentially serve in any one of our partner schools from Maryland to Connecticut- all of which share our mission and values. The ideal candidate for the GO AmeriCorps Fellowship is a college graduate who is team-oriented, passionate about service and who believes that all young people deserve a high-quality education.
Instruct for Mastery- You will deliver individualized small-group instruction to students in math and/or English Language Arts for an average of four (45 minute) periods per day, and provide in-class or curriculum support.
Mentor for Leadership- You will support students’ social emotional growth in small mentor groups. As a Fellow, you will cultivate relationships with families through weekly communication, ensuring open conversations about student progress.
Develop a Community- You will support to develop an enriching school environment by being present during arrival, dismissal, lunch and transition of students as well as school and community-based events. You may have the opportunity to lead and support after-school programming.
Compensation & AmeriCorps Benefits
You will earn:
- living allowance
- housing (utilities and furniture included)
- access to food and health benefits
- ongoing professional development
- AmeriCorps Segal Education Award upon successful completion
- valuable professional and personal experience in civic-engagement, teamwork and leadership
You are qualified to apply if you meet the following requirements:
- Earned an Associate's or Bachelor’s degree by August 1, 2022
- Citizenship or legal Permanent Residency status in the United States (AmeriCorps requirement)
- Served no more than three previous AmeriCorps service terms (AmeriCorps National requirement)
If selected for the role, you will start in August 2022 and serve through June 2023. GO AmeriCorps Fellow positions are available in schools from Maryland to Connecticut.
[redacted: see full position description here]