Great Oaks Legacy Charter School is seeking an is seeking an experienced, mission-aligned Network Director - Operations and School Support to join our team for the 2021-22 school year.
Network Director of Operations and School Support Role Description:
The Network Director of Operations and School Support is ultimately responsible for ensuring that the school-based Operations teams can excel in their school-based functions, by ensuring compliance with and improvement of our operating policies, procedures, structures and systems.
Through this work, the Network Director of Operations and School Support improves the instructional impact at our schools by regularly monitoring and auditing school-based school operations teams to ensure effective systems, routines, and resources. They also build and codify systems to ensure network-wide visibility to school-based operational functions. The Network Director of Operations and School Support combines a capacity for strategic thinking with keen attention to detail.
The Network Director of Operations and School Support reports to the Chief Operating Officer , through the following duties and responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Managing the professional development of and performance of select Operations Leaders (4-5 employees), and the overall execution of all Operational needs at these campuses, as well as hold primary responsibility for specific areas of School Operations across the full school network. This includes but is not limited to the following areas:
- School Operations Management: Ensure Operations Managers lead outstanding school operations (e.g., daily school systems, facilities, financial management, food & transportation, student health & safety, enrollment management, etc.)
- Operational Performance: Hold Operation Managers accountable to performance metrics (e.g., Operations Scorecard, Operational Audits, Mid-Year Evaluations), and support them in improving performance and meeting goals; Publish weekly operational memos
- Team Development: Build, implement, and monitor cross-regional operations initiatives (e.g. aligned toolkits for State Testing and School Launch; PD session planning and facilitation); Support hiring, on-boarding, management, and evaluation of all operations staff.
- Instructional Software Management/Support: Support procurement and roll-out of all teacher-facing and student-facing software platforms, including oversight/reporting structures and professional development as needed. Includes but is not limited to i-Ready, Dean’s List, Scholastic, Typing Instructor, Middlebury Interactive Language, Hepara, Illuminate, EdReflect, and Whetstone.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The Network Director of Operations and School Support is a twelve-month employee with salary to be recommended by the Executive Director and approved by the board.
The Network Director of Operations and School Support reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
The Network Director of Operations and School Support is formally evaluated once per year on the basis of essential duties, personal growth, and professionalism.
- Bachelor degree required, graduate degree preferred
- 5+ years of schools-based and/or professional management experience, particularly in an urban education or non-profit setting
- Strong experience with staff, budget, and facility management
- Strong experience with project planning and execution
- Strong command of Microsoft Office and schools-based technology requirements
GREAT OAKS LEGACY OVERVIEW
The Great Oaks Legacy Charter School is a high-performing, innovative charter public school in Newark NJ, serving students from Pre-K to 12th grade on campuses across the city of Newark. Our mission is to prepare Newark’s students for success in college and beyond. Currently, the historical college matriculation rate for GOLCS is 79% - nearly twice the national average for economically underrepresented students.
Our model is based on the following guiding principles that guide our work daily –
- Creating a community that is built upon genuine and meaningful relationships.
- Being surgical in our approach to differentiation of instruction and support of ALL students and team members.
- Setting and exceeding high expectations for academic growth and character development for all students, in preparation for success in college and beyond.
We accomplish our mission by:
- Cultivating an environment where all students and staff are known and valued and are provided the support and compassion they need to be successful.
- Delivering individualized academic support to our students daily, through tutoring provided by AmeriCorps Education Fellowship program.
- Pairing rigorous curriculum and teaching with intense personal support and high academic expectations for students. Our students, for example, are encouraged to take multiple AP classes before they graduate high school. Our alumni receive intensive support from our college counseling team, while in college.
GREAT OAKS LEGACY PHILOSOPHY
Our students arrive, on average, significantly behind grade level. Many live in poverty – a higher percentage than most schools in the country. Upon arrival, they are statistically less than 10% likely to graduate with a 4-year degree. Our mission is that each child ultimately graduates from college.
- Employees take responsibility to reverse negative outcomes of failing students, to make every effort to work proactively to engage each and every student, such that each is legitimately prepared to succeed in college.
- It is a given that all of the faculty work very, very hard. All staff acknowledge that we will do more than just work hard; we each seek – through formal and informal feedback – to dramatically improve. At Great Oaks Legacy, an ongoing quest for improvement is not considered remedial, it is essential and ongoing for all staff.
GOLCS is committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. Our staff and student population is diverse and culturally rich. We believe that racial justice and equity is critical to our mission of preparing students for success in college and beyond. We strive to be an organization that is diverse, equitable, inclusive, and elevates our student voices in preparing them for life and college.
Great Oaks Legacy Charter School offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package, including rich health insurance plans, professional development and coaching, and retirement benefits as part of the state pension plan.
Great Oaks Legacy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.