About Great Oaks Charter Schools
At Great Oaks, students will shape the world, not be defined by it. Therefore, we believe that children learn best through a combination of project-based, authentic learning experiences, and direct instruction to support skill development and accelerate learning. Instruction and culture are grounded in our design principles of Mastery, Leadership, and Community. As part of the model, Great Oaks Americorps Fellows provide students with additional opportunities to engage in critical content, which helps to close academic achievement gaps and level the playing field. We are seeking talented, tenacious people who share our belief that all students deserve a high-quality education.
About Great Oaks Charter School – Bridgeport
Great Oaks (GO) Charter School - Bridgeport opened in the Fall of 2014 and has a focus on serving students who are English Language Learners. In the upcoming 2021-2022 school year, Great Oaks – Bridgeport will serve grades 6th through 12th.
The Middle School Office Coordinator works collaboratively and enthusiastically with the Operations team to ensure that both students and families have a wonderful experience at our schools and have everything they need to succeed. S/He will report to the Director of Operations.
Key responsibilities include:
Main Office Maintenance
- Responsible for posting school-wide notices and relevant information to bulletin board
- Responsible for distributing incoming mail and answering incoming calls
- Responsible for the inventory and procurement of school and office supplies
Student Data Management
- Manages the submission of student enrollment packets
- Assist with maintaining student information, schedules and gradebook in Powerschool.
- Manages the daily attendance procedures
- Responsible for proper state reporting of student enrollment and withdrawals
- Assist with the student recruitment and manages intent to return surveys
- Responsible for securing cumulative and health records
Support Student Services
- Manages the transportation vendor and approval of bus routes
- Responsible for the communication to families via Facebook and Voice blast
- Responsible for distributing monthly GO-Times
Other appropriate duties as assigned by school administration
Competencies and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree from a competitive college or university;
- 1+ years of relevant office experience in a school setting strongly preferred
- Strong written and communication skills
- Knowledge of Powerschool preferred.
- Superb organizational and self-management skills and an ability to handle multiple responsibilities effectively and thoughtfully
- Self confidence, flexibility and the ability to respond well to feedback and implement it immediately
- A do-whatever-it takes attitude doing whatever is necessary to help all students achieve academic success including a willingness to work occasionally on the weekend or in the evening
This position is for the 2021-2022 school year and the successful candidate will start in the summer of 2021. Selected candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
Great Oaks provides a competitive compensation and benefits package; exact compensation will vary based on experience and education.