Great Oaks Legacy Charter School is seeking a Student Recruitment Coordinator to join our team for the 2021-22 school year.
GREAT OAKS LEGACY OVERVIEW
Great Oaks Legacy Charter School is a high-performing, innovative public charter school in Newark NJ, serving students from Pre-K to 12th grade on multiple campuses across the city. Our mission is to prepare students for success in college. We provide all children with the support they need - inclusive of resources that acknowledge and address systemic inequities - to be empowered to thrive.
We have high academic and behavioral expectations for our students. Our students, for example, are encouraged to take multiple AP classes before they graduate. We bridge the educational opportunity gap by supporting rigorous academics with daily individualized tutoring within a community committed to supporting equity and diversity.
These three principles guide our work, every day, in support of our students and mission:
- Creating a community that is built upon genuine and meaningful relationships
- Being surgical in our approach to differentiation of instruction and support of all students and team members
- Setting and exceed high expectations for academic growth and character development for all students, in preparation for success in college and beyond
Student Recruitment Coordinator Role Description:
The Student Recruitment Coordinator plays a central role in assisting the operations team by creating systems and documenting guidance toward enrollment management, and ensuring compliance. In this role, the Student Recruitment Coordinator manages multiple projects as they relate to student marketing, recruitment, enrollment, and data access/quality. The position serves all Great Oaks Legacy Charter School campuses as a member of the operations team, and will report directly to the Associate Director of Data and Reporting Analysis (ADDRA).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive general recruitment activities and community outreach such as school fairs, school tours, open houses, tabling events, blitz days, lead calls, other special events, and material distribution
- Attend Newark Enrolls (universal enrollment system) related events, meetings and trainings
- Recruit, train, and support seasonal recruitment team
- Responsible for the entry, tracking, follow-up communication, and analysis of prospective students and their data
- Serve on internal and external committees that support the recruitment and retention of students from targeted underserved populations
- Work with ADDRA/COO/CSO to develop traditional or digital student recruiting campaigns
- Compose and post student-related and recruiting-related content on website and social media accounts
- Work with ADDRA/COO/CSO to create marketing literature (brochures, one-pagers, flyers, etc.) and branded items (i.e. clothing, etc.)
- Identify and communicate directly with vendors
- Oversee annual parent survey deployment; Summarize and analyze data to draw meaningful conclusions for Senior Leadership Team/to support strategic planning
- Work with campus operations teams to plan parent group meetings, set agendas, share updates with internal and external stakeholders
- Assist Enrollment Coordinator on the application, registration, orientation, and student retention processes; Create and support dissemination of student information packets and mailers.
- Work with data team to ensure district-wide compliance with enrollment requirements (for approvals in CHE, NJ SMART, etc.)
- Track and analyze student admission applications to inform enrollment growth strategies
- Manage student transfer and waitlist systems, tracking mobility data to inform strategies for student persistence
- Responsible for the accuracy and data audits of student information databases, including PowerSchool and NPS SalesForce
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The Student Recruitment Coordinator is a twelve-month employee with salary to be recommended by Executive Director and approved by the board.
The Student Recruitment Coordinator reports directly to the Associate Director of Data and Reporting Analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred;
- At least three years of work experience;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Strong customer service approach;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Prior experience creating and facilitating trainings sessions
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel;
- Strong data analysis and database management skills
- Maturity and ability to work independently;
- Prior experience working in schools and/or urban communities is preferred;
- Strong people skills, and enjoys working with students, staff, and parents.
GREAT OAKS LEGACY PHILOSOPHY
Our students rise to conquer challenges with the help of individualized, whole-person support from the Great Oaks Legacy Charter School community including educators, tutors, peers, families and staff. Our mission is that each child ultimately graduates from college.
The Great Oaks Legacy Charter School ensures its students are ready to take on the world, therefore:
- We give our students the academic skills and socio-emotional support they need to build upon their own strengths and abilities in order to be ready and able to achieve their dreams.
- Our employees agree to take responsibility for their part in reversing negative outcomes for students, to work relentlessly to support our efforts to engage each and every student, and to uphold our mission to prepare every student to succeed in college to the extent possible.
- It is a given that all staff work very hard. Our employees acknowledge that they will do more than just work hard. Employees agree to seek – through feedback, professional development, and coaching – to continue to develop and improve their job performance while employed by the School. At Great Oaks Legacy, an ongoing quest for improvement is considered essential for all staff members.
As Great Oaks Legacy continues its journey towards anti-racism, we can be certain that our school community is ready for the work. As an organization, we are striving to be more intentional and connected to a larger, clearer mission for an educational experience that empowers scholars to be the change they want to see in the world.
GOLCS is committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. Our staff and student population is diverse and culturally rich. We believe that racial justice and equity is critical to our mission of preparing students for success in college and beyond. We strive to be an organization that is diverse, equitable, inclusive, and elevates our student voices in preparing them for life and college.
Great Oaks Legacy Charter School offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package, including rich health insurance plans, professional development and coaching, and retirement benefits as part of the state pension plan.
Great Oaks Legacy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.