About Great Oaks Charter Schools
At Great Oaks, students will shape the world, not be defined by it. Therefore, we believe that children learn best through a combination of project-based, authentic learning experiences, and direct instruction to support skill development and accelerate learning. Instruction and culture are grounded in our design principles of Mastery, Leadership, and Community. As part of the model, Great Oaks Americorps Fellows provide students with additional opportunities to engage in critical content, which helps to close academic achievement gaps and level the playing field. We are seeking talented, tenacious people who share our belief that all students deserve a high-quality education.
About Great Oaks Charter School – Bridgeport
Great Oaks (GO) Charter School - Bridgeport opened in the Fall of 2014 and has a focus on serving students who are English Language Learners. In the upcoming 2021-2022 school year, Great Oaks – Bridgeport will serve grades 6th through 12th.
The Human Resources Associate works collaboratively with the Director of Operations and the Executive Director to accomplish human resource objectives by obtaining, recording, forwarding, and explaining human resource information. . The selected candidate for this role will report to the Director of Operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provides information by answering communications; referring special communications to the appropriate person.
- Obtains and orients temporary help by forwarding requirements and criteria to temporary services; providing information and directions.
- Maintains human resources records by maintaining applications, résumés, and applicant logs.
- Verify candidates' background by contacting references.
- Enrolls new employees by issuing forms and applications; verifying completion.
- Helps employees by explaining benefit programs.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Maintains manager and employee confidence by keeping human resources information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes human resources and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Competencies and Qualifications
- BA/BS in business, human resources, organizational leadership or related fields is required.
- Highly proficient with Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to maintain employee confidentiality
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Paycor HR platform is preferred
- 1+ years of relevant office experience in a school setting strongly preferred
- Superb organizational and self-management skills and an ability to handle multiple responsibilities effectively and thoughtfully
- Self confidence, flexibility and the ability to respond well to feedback and implement it immediately
This position is for the 2021-2022 school year and the successful candidate will start in the summer of 2021. Selected candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
Great Oaks provides a competitive compensation and benefits package; exact compensation will vary based on experience and education.