GREAT OAKS LEGACY OVERVIEW
The Great Oaks Legacy Charter School is a high-performing, innovative charter public school in Newark NJ, serving students from Pre-K to 12th grade on campuses across the city of Newark. Our mission is to prepare Newark’s students for success in college and beyond. Currently, the historical college matriculation rate for GOLCS is 79% - nearly twice the national average for economically underrepresented students.
Our model is based on the following guiding principles that guide our work daily –
- Creating a community that is built upon genuine and meaningful relationships.
- Being surgical in our approach to differentiation of instruction and support of ALL students and team members.
- Setting and exceeding high expectations for academic growth and character development for all students, in preparation for success in college and beyond.
We accomplish our mission by:
- Cultivating an environment where all students and staff are known and valued and are provided the support and compassion they need to be successful.
- Delivering individualized academic support to our students daily, through tutoring provided by AmeriCorps Education Fellowship program.
- Pairing rigorous curriculum and teaching with intense personal support and high academic expectations for students. Our students, for example, are encouraged to take multiple AP classes before they graduate high school. Our alumni receive intensive support from our college counseling team, while in college.
Great Oaks Legacy Charter School is seeking a dynamic, mission-aligned educator to join our team as an Operations Manager for the 2021-22 school year.
The Operations Manager will ensure the efficient and effective operation of the school, and will manage several operational duties, including:
- Oversees the quality of the facility in all aspects, including opening and closing the building, scheduling walk-throughs, scheduling repairs, documenting condition of building and keeping supplies stocked by ordering and managing deliveries.
- Prepares building for all safety drills and building inspections; maintains check-lists and documents drills and visits.
- Manages campus-based student enrollment process and coordinates logistics for student recruitment and enrollment events, including parent open houses and orientations.
- Maintains and regularly updates PowerSchool database of student records for specific campus.
- Maintains all student records for specific campus and coordinates with neighboring school districts to process enrollments and withdrawals.
- Manages and maintains all student attendance records and works with office manager to communicate with parents around attendance.
- Works with operations and admin team to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local reporting requirements.
Technology & Scheduling
- Works with Data & Technology Specialist to handles all in-school technology; Manages tech inventory at the school.
- Oversees the operational logistics of (interim and standardized) student test administration, including the distribution and collection of test materials.
- Works with school leadership to manage the daily student schedule and school calendar.
Student Meal & Transportation Program
- Coordinates the student meal program, including overseeing daily food services and maintaining nutrition reports.
- Acts as campus liaison to the food vendor and handles all aspects of food delivery/quality.
- Collects and maintains Free and Reduced Priced lunches for specific campus.
- Oversees campus wide student transportation, including bus ticket management and coordination with various student transportation offices.
- Coordinates with school admin team to create and disseminate weekly parent packets.
- Manages student specific parent communication, including One Call Now.
- Oversee various tasks to ensure a safe, secure learning environment for students at Great Oaks Legacy.
- Belief that all students have what it takes to be successful and a desire to support the school’s college preparatory academic program.
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive college or university.
- Superb organizational skills and the ability to multitask in a high-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- 2-4 years of previous office management/administrative experience in a K-12 education setting strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The Operations Manager will be a member of the school’s leadership team and will report to the Campus Director, as well as the Director of Network Operations.
Great Oaks Legacy offers competitive salaries and a full benefits package for all full-time staff members.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Great Oaks Legacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GREAT OAKS LEGACY PHILOSOPHY
Our students arrive, on average, significantly behind grade level. Many live in poverty – a higher percentage than most schools in the country. Upon arrival, they are statistically less than 10% likely to graduate with a 4-year degree. Our mission is that each child ultimately graduates from college.
- Employees take responsibility to reverse negative outcomes of failing students, to make every effort to work proactively to engage each and every student, such that each is legitimately prepared to succeed in college.
- It is a given that all of the faculty work very, very hard. All staff acknowledge that we will do more than just work hard; we each seek – through formal and informal feedback – to dramatically improve. At Great Oaks Legacy, an ongoing quest for improvement is not considered remedial, it is essential and ongoing for all staff.
GOLCS is committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. Our staff and student population is diverse and culturally rich. We believe that racial justice and equity is critical to our mission of preparing students for success in college and beyond. We strive to be an organization that is diverse, equitable, inclusive, and elevates our student voices in preparing them for life and college.
Great Oaks Legacy Charter School offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package, including rich health insurance plans, professional development and coaching, and retirement benefits as part of the state pension plan.
Great Oaks Legacy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.