About Great Oaks Charter Schools
At Great Oaks, students will shape the world, not be defined by it. Therefore, we believe that children learn best through a combination of project-based, authentic learning experiences, and direct instruction to support skill development and accelerate learning. Instruction and culture are grounded in our design principles of Mastery, Leadership, and Community. As part of the model, Great Oaks Americorps Fellows provide students with additional opportunities to engage in critical content, which helps to close academic achievement gaps and level the playing field. We are seeking talented, tenacious people who share our belief that all students deserve a high-quality education.
About Great Oaks Charter School – Bridgeport
Great Oaks (GO) Charter School - Bridgeport opened in the Fall of 2014 and has a focus on serving students who are English Language Learners. In the upcoming 2020-2021 school year, Great Oaks – Bridgeport will serve grades 6th through 12th.
The PowerSchool/SIS Administrator owns the critical responsibility of ensuring the smooth operation of the PowerSchool student information systems across grade levels (both Online and Brick & Mortar) operated by providing support and first-tier troubleshooting assistance to all end users including detection, diagnosis, reporting, and correction of any information.
Great Oaks Charter School is seeking a full time experienced Senior PowerSchool/SIS (Student Information Systems) Administrator to support the expansion of our 6-12 public charter school by leading PowerSchool SIS support. The incumbent will also assist with the development, testing, implementation, and modification of all data related systems.
- Responsible for managing the implementation, technical support and training of PowerSchool to staff.
- Participate in meetings, workshops, and/or training for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions
- Respond to inquiries from various school personnel (staff, administrators, teachers, etc.) for the purpose of providing technical assistance, advice, and support.
- Provide support for federal and state reporting data submissions and compliance reporting
- Create/Document/Update/Review documentation from state(s) and PowerSchool to determine what validation rules should be written.
- Responsible for moving school year grades to course history and new school year set up.
- Responsible for working with School Administrators and Guidance Counselors to obtain and set up courses and schedules in PowerSchool for each trimester.
- Work with school staff to ensure report cards, transcripts, and honor rolls are accurate and disseminated in a timely manner
- Training and troubleshooting related to gradebook (work directly with teachers in some situations)
- Demonstrated experience in prioritizing and performing tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all members of the school community, including School Committee, administrators, teachers, parents and the community.
- Interfacing with key staff members to obtain, correct, and analyze custom and standard compliance reports.
- Performing routine maintenance and application updates on the district servers.
- Work with staff and various department team members on projects, data requests, data analysis, reporting, and custom reports as needed.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding security reports, plans, and programs, and/or personnel matters.
- Responsible for keeping an up-to-date working technical knowledge to provide better services.
- Ensure data is available, reliable, consistent, accessible, secure and timely to support the mission and activities of the organization.
The responsibilities listed above are intended as illustrations of various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
Competencies and Qualifications
- At least 3 to 5 years of PowerSchool experience with knowledge of all aspects of PS including but not limited to the creation, maintenance of custom pages, reports, plugins, registration process, scheduling, grading, APIs, PowerTools, PowerTeacher, GradeBook, Parent/Student Portal, storing grades, EOY procedures, report card setup and training and integration with other LMS (preferably Schoology) and 3rd party tools.
- Experience in setting up High School Schedules in PowerSchool.
- Experienced in reporting data submissions for State of CT, including PSIS and TCS.
- Must have a strong technical expertise in PowerSchool, SQL (Structured Query Language), DBA, Google Suite,and Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel formulas) preferred.
- Experienced in data collection of raw data files across multiple departments and multiple systems for data requests for data analyses.
- Highly detail-oriented with the ability to manage daily activities and short/long-term projects under pressure with accuracy and responsiveness
- Experienced in working in an education setting or similar environment.
- Proficient in verbal and written English and strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexible work schedule, as needed to solve service issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Database Administration, Data Analytics, Information Systems or relevant field and/or equal experience and/or certifications preferred.
The starting salary will commensurate with experience, starting at $60,0000. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
This position is for the 2020-2021 school year and the successful candidate will start immediately. Selected candidates will be contacted to set up a video interview.