Education Technology Coordinator (ETC)
Great Oaks Charter School - Remote Position (Anywhere)
About Great Oaks Charter Schools
At Great Oaks, students will shape the world, not be defined by it. We believe that children learn best through a combination of project-based, authentic learning experiences, and direct instruction to support skill development and accelerate learning. Instruction and culture are grounded in our design principles of Mastery, Leadership, and Community. As part of the model, Great Oaks Americorps Fellows provide students with additional opportunities to engage in critical content, which helps to close academic achievement gaps and level the playing field. In addition to providing daily content tutoring and mentorship, a small percentage of Fellows are also enrolled in the Great Oaks Teacher Residency. We are seeking talented, tenacious people who share our belief that all students deserve a high-quality education.
About Great Oaks Charter School – Bridgeport
Great Oaks (GO) Charter School - Bridgeport opened in the Fall of 2014 and has a focus on serving students who are English Language Learners. In the upcoming 2020-2021 school year, Great Oaks – Bridgeport will serve grades 6th through 12th.
The GO-BPT Education Technology Coordinator is an integral part of the success of our blended learning approach at Great Oaks. The Technology Coordinator collaborates with appropriate instructional and technical staff to support, manage, optimize the use of instructional software, and network resources to support quality teaching and learning utilizing programs such as but not limited to Rosetta Stone, Edmentum, Edpuzzle, Schoology, etc... This skilled professional works independently and collaboratively with the Intervention and Curriculum Team.
- Coordinate and manage the Rosetta Stone World Language program
- Monitor student progress and credit accumulation in Rosetta Stone
- Support and coach students to develop weekly goals and provide updates to students on their progress
- Meet weekly with small groups of students to ensure targets and milestones are met within in the Rosetta Stone World Language platform
- Produce bi-weekly progress reports to students and families regarding student academic progress in Rosetta Stone
- Support students in navigating the Rosetta Stone platform by training students and troubleshooting any technical issues students face using the platform
- Produce bi-weekly progress reports for the Academic Leadership team on progress and data management of Rosetta Stone Language Program
- Implement and manage the Edmentum - Exact Path program
- Manage the Edmentum - Credit Recovery Courseware
- Meet weekly with small groups of Fellows to ensure targets and milestones are met within in the Edmentum - Exact Path Program
- Produce bi-weekly progress reports for the Academic Leadership team on progress and data management of Edmentum - Exact Path and Courseware
- Growth to coordinate and manage other educational technology programs where appropriate
- Meet weekly with the Intervention & Curriculum Team to discuss
- Facilitate and coordinate bi-weekly data meeting with teacher teams to progress monitor student progress on the online education platforms
- General support of student computer usage when needed
- Develop best practices for instructional technology
- Assist teachers in developing curriculum and content utilizing technology
- Develop methods of incorporating interactive technology to improve learning experience.
- Assist with the preparation for group testing and data collection.
- Perform necessary duties including but not limited to morning arrival, lunch, dismissal, and after-school duties.
Competencies and Qualifications
The successful candidate will be an experienced educator with excellent computer and information technology skills. They will bring the ability to deliver outstanding educational outcomes and will possess exceptional relationship building skills and the ability to work with multiple ed-tech platforms. The successful candidate will also bring the following:
- Associates Degree or Higher with a focus on IT or Technology
- Excellent computer and information technology skills
- Strong communication and written skills in a professional environment
- At least two years experience working with computers and education technology programs
- Self confidence, flexibility and the ability to respond well to feedback
- Familiarity with K-12 education
- Experience working with urban students (volunteer, internship, paid position)
- Coaching experience a plus
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to use data to improve student academic outcomes
- Impact-oriented and a belief that all students can succeed
- Highly collaborative
- Strong project management
- Superb organizational and self-management skills and an ability to handle multiple responsibilities effectively and thoughtfully
- Awareness of and comfort with issues of diversity, specifically around race, class, and gender; ability to engage in and facilitate discussion about diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where the ability to multi-task and prioritize work is essential
- Experience managing in an environment where work is delineated between a central office and school-based sites preferred
- A do-whatever-it takes attitude doing whatever is necessary to help all students achieve academic success including a willingness to work occasionally on the weekend or in the evening
Salary Range - $30,000 - $35,000 dependent on experience