Great Oaks Legacy Charter School is seeking a Campus Operations Manager.
GREAT OAKS LEGACY OVERVIEW
The Great Oaks Legacy Charter School is a high-performing, innovative charter public school in Newark NJ, serving 1,700 students from Pre-K to 12th grade on campuses across the city. Our mission is to prepare public school students for success in college. Great Oaks Legacy students aspire to be some of the highest performing students in the country.
We have high academic and behavioral expectations for our students. Our students, for example, are encouraged to take multiple AP classes before they graduate. We pair rigorous curriculum and teaching with intense personal support from teachers, tutors, and staff. The school’s mission is to prepare our students for college success through several key elements:
- Small school – Grade-level cohorts of less 100 students allow each student to feel known and cared for. Our focus is on a sense of community and relationship building with families and students
- More time on task – Longer school days than traditional schools. Weekend sessions and summer school for students who are struggling.
- High expectations – Rigorous, differentiated, college-preparatory coursework from K-12. Advanced Placement and real college courses for all juniors and seniors.
- Effective Instruction – World-class teachers with clear expectations and the support they need to continuously improve.
To learn more about working at Great Oaks Legacy, please read below and click here to see our school video.
The Operations Manager will ensure the efficient and effective operation of the school, and will manage several operational duties, including:
- Oversees the quality of the facility in all aspects, including opening and closing the building, scheduling walk-throughs, scheduling repairs, documenting condition of building and keeping supplies stocked by ordering and managing deliveries.
- Prepares building for all safety drills and building inspections; maintains check-lists and documents drills and visits.
- Manages campus-based student enrollment process and coordinates logistics for student recruitment and enrollment events, including parent open houses and orientations.
- Maintains and regularly updates PowerSchool database of student records for specific campus.
- Maintains all student records for specific campus and coordinates with neighboring school districts to process enrollments and withdrawals.
- Manages and maintains all student attendance records and works with office manager to communicate with parents around attendance.
- Works with operations and admin team to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local reporting requirements.
Technology & Scheduling
- Works with Data & Technology Specialist to handles all in-school technology; Manages tech inventory at the school.
- Oversees the operational logistics of (interim and standardized) student test administration, including the distribution and collection of test materials.
- Works with school leadership to manage the daily student schedule and school calendar.
Student Meal & Transportation Program
- Coordinates the student meal program, including overseeing daily food services and maintaining nutrition reports.
- Acts as campus liaison to the food vendor and handles all aspects of food delivery/quality.
- Collects and maintains Free and Reduced Priced lunches for specific campus.
- Oversees campus wide student transportation, including bus ticket management and coordination with various student transportation offices.
- Coordinates with school admin team to create and disseminate weekly parent packets.
- Manages student specific parent communication, including One Call Now.
- Oversee various tasks to ensure a safe, secure learning environment for students at Great Oaks Legacy.
- Belief that all students have what it takes to be successful and a desire to support the school’s college preparatory academic program.
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive college or university.
- Superb organizational skills and the ability to multitask in a high-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- 2-4 years of previous office management/administrative experience in a K-12 education setting strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The Operations Manager will be a member of the school’s leadership team and will report to the campus school leader, as well as the Director of Network Operations.
Great Oaks Legacy offers competitive salaries and a full benefits package for all full-time staff members.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Great Oaks Legacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.