Great Oaks Legacy Charter School is seeking a Special Projects Coordinator.
Great Oaks Legacy Overview
The Great Oaks Legacy Charter School is a high-performing, innovative charter public school in Newark NJ, serving 1,250 students from Pre-K to 12th grade on three campuses across the city. Our mission is to prepare public school students for success in college. Great Oaks Legacy students aspire to be some of the highest performing students in the country.
We have high academic and behavioral expectations for our students. Our students, for example, are encouraged to take multiple AP classes before they graduate. We pair rigorous curriculum and teaching with intense personal support from teachers, tutors, and staff. The school’s mission is to prepare our students for college success through several key elements:
- Small school – Grade-level cohorts of less 100 students allow each student to feel known and cared for. Our focus is on a sense of community and relationship building with families and students
- More time on task – Longer school days than traditional schools. Weekend sessions and summer school for students who are struggling.
- High expectations – Rigorous, differentiated, college-preparatory coursework from K-12. Advanced Placement and real college courses for all juniors and seniors.
- Effective Instruction – World-class teachers with clear expectations and the support they need to continuously improve.
Special Projects Coordinator Job Description:
The Special Projects Coordinator will support the School Leadership & Operations Team by completing various school-wide projects related to operations, compliance, and accountability, . The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast paced environment, can manage many competing priorities and constituents, and can work efficiently under deadlines. The Special Projects Coordinator is a member of the operations team and will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Assisting in the management of meaningful school programs, service projects, and community/fundraising events, while cultivating strong community partnerships.
- Assisting the school leadership team in the development and execution of school-wide projects and special events, e.g. Career Day, College Pride Day, etc.
- Compiling data for marketing material and various reports.
- Planning and organizing student trips, including day trips and end of year, overnight trips.
- Belief that all students have what it takes to be successful.
- Relentless work ethic.
- Minimum of one year of administrative experience, preferably in a non-profit or urban school setting.
- Strong organizational, event planning, and time management skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive college or university required.
- Ability to multitask effectively and adhere to deadlines and requirements.
Great Oaks Legacy offers competitive salaries and a full benefits package for all full-time staff members.
Great Oaks Legacy Charter School is an equal opportunity employer.