Oversee all maintenance, inspection, turnover, and renovation activities for an assigned geographic area and assist the Regional Turnover Manager in determining costs associated with the improvement of residential properties. The Field Operations Manager will build and recommend scopes of work for properties, coordinate rehabilitation efforts with third-party vendors, perform quality assurance inspections, and ensure all properties exceed company standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop turnover and renovation scopes of work, assign and schedule projects with vendors, manage all associated projects to in accordance with scopes, create budgets, and conduct final inspections prior to residents moving in
- Recommend, negotiate, and advise homeowners of repair requests through communications with the Property Manager.
- Validate billing and payments and provide clarifications of expenses with homeowners, residents, office staff, management, vendors and associates.
- Liaise with property and senior management staff to develop an effective, proactive team which works together to achieve portfolio objectives
- Assist in developing and implementing preventive maintenance programs based on regional needs
- Manage renovation software applications to ensure updates and service requests are completed in a timely manner
- Provide appropriate value-add decisions for each property and to ensure each property meets minimum habitability standards.
- Coordinate scheduling of vendors based on location, skills, availability, and capacity to ensure turnovers are timely and provide homeowner satisfaction.
- Handle quality control issues, investigate complaints, and ensure the highest levels of customer service is provided.
- Interact with the Property Manager to ensure escalated issues are handled appropriately.
- Other related essential tasks as determined by the Property Manager
- Abide by all local, state and federal laws, including all laws governing Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and additional regulations concerning real estate or leased assets.
- High school degree or GED is required
- 3+ years of experience in residential property maintenance, construction, or related trade is required
- Large scale residential (single or multifamily) renovation or turnover experience is preferred
- Both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather
- May be required to sit and stand for several hours at a time, to climb up and down stairs several times each day, use ladders to perform duties, and to lift, hold, and carry up to 50 pounds with ease.
- Computer, tablet, keyboard, phone, fax, scanner, and copier
Compensation and Benefits
- $45,000 - $55,000 annual salary, depending on experience
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- Early-stage, well-funded opportunity with the ability to make your mark on a massive market
About Great Jones
Great Jones is creating a modern platform to serve the $2 trillion in rental homes owned by small-scale investors.
To start, we’re bringing property management into the 21st century. Property management is a massive industry, with over $40 billion spent each year in the U.S alone. It is deeply fragmented, has great economics, and notoriously bad customer experience.
Our team is uniquely qualified to take on this market. Our founders spent over a decade building digital platforms that have powered hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of transactions for businesses. We are fortunate to be well-funded by truly helpful investors, and are building out a best-in-class team to help us tackle this massive opportunity.
Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, we are fast-paced and on a strong growth trajectory. Our future is bold and exciting, and we are looking for key team members to join us in the momentum. We foster an environment of learning and prosperity through our open two-way communication, internal promotion and positive reinforcement. If you are looking for an intriguing opportunity with a thriving and expanding organization, apply today!