Greatist is on a mission to change the way people think about health and fitness. It’s an amazing time to be a part of our company as we’re shaping the future of how we work and how we connect deeply with the world. We’ve got the backing to do life-changing work and we’re doing it together. Our extraordinary, empowered misfit team of dreamers, makers, and content creators are all working together to define what it means to have a healthy attitude in life. We’re looking for people that will add to our culture and join us on this mission.
About the Role / Why This Position Rocks
We are seeking a creative, savvy, self-starting intern who is hungry to learn and excited to contribute to our newsletters and social channels.
Responsibilities / What Impact You Can Make
As an intern here, you’ll have an integral role in our editorial team, with a focus on learning the Greatist voice, writing social and newsletter-exclusive copy, and using analytics to brainstorm even more creative ways to share Greatist content through email and social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram Stories, Pinterest, Flipboard, and more).
- Has a strong interest in health, wellness, and digital media and some experience with working with online publishers. A college major in English, journalism, communications or related fields is a plus.
- Can call themselves a foodie, fitness enthusiast, or better yet, both.
- Understands high-quality research, reporting, and journalism practices.
- Is able to work 2 or more full days per week. While we don’t have set hours, staffers typically work Monday-Friday from 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Is comfortable with Google Drive, Google Docs, CMS platforms and Social publishing platforms. Basic knowledge of Photoshop is a plus.
- This is a paid position with plenty of perks. The internship would be at least a three-month commitment. Before applying, read through our recent content.
- Paid internship
- Free groceries at the office for you to make breakfast and lunch
- Tons of free snacks
- Optional group activities like fitness classes and happy hours
Life at Greatist
Launched in 2011, Greatist is now the fastest-growing site in the health space with 10 million uniques every month. We’ve won the People's Voice Webby Award for the best Lifestyle site on the freakin' Internet two years in a row, and we were even named one of The 15 Best Startups to Work for in America!
For more on our world-class benefits, check out our careers page.