Greatist is on a mission to change the way people think about health and fitness. It’s an amazing time to be a part of our company as we’re shaping the future of how we work and how we connect deeply with the world. We’ve got the backing to do life-changing work and we’re doing it together. Our extraordinary, empowered misfit team of dreamers, makers, and content creators are all working together to define what it means to have a healthy attitude in life. We’re looking for people that will add to our culture and join us on this mission.
About the Role / Why This Position Rocks
The Web and Mobile Developer responsible for building apps and mobile applications under Agile project management method.
Responsibilities / What Impact You Can Make
- Programming health + fitness consumer iPhone applications using XCode, and Objective-C.
- Architecture the iPhone application to be scalable under heavy load plus monitor and manage the cloud web infrastructure.
- Web Application Monitoring & Performance Management.
- Interfacing with external Application Programming Interfaces (API) in order to pull in different data sources.
- Project management using complex project management techniques, including but not limited to the ITIL method, agile and waterfall to manage the application development process and communicate between stackholders
- After finishing the mobile application; work on the mobile web application
- Master’s in Computer Science + 1 year of exp. creating iPhone applications using XCode, and Objective-C. Knowledge of scaling iPhone applications
- How RESTful endpoints work and how to parse and consume JSON endpoints
- CSS, HTML5, JS, the DOM model, W3C Standards and mobile accessibility guidelines
Life at Greatist
Launched in 2011, Greatist is now the fastest-growing site in the health space with 10 million uniques every month. This year we won the Webby Award for Best Social Health & Fitness site and we’ve won the People's Voice Webby Award for the best Lifestyle site on the freakin' Internet three years in a row. We were even named one of The 15 Best Startups to Work for in America!
For more on our world-class benefits, check out our careers page.