Greatist is on a mission to change the way people think about health and fitness. It’s an amazing time to be a part of our company as we’re shaping the future of how we work and how we connect deeply with the world. We’ve got the backing to do life-changing work and we’re doing it together. Our extraordinary, empowered misfit team of dreamers, makers, and content creators are all working together to define what it means to have a healthy attitude in life. We’re looking for people that will add to our culture and join us on this mission.
About the Role / Why This Position Rocks
You will be the lead member of a small technology team working on Greatist.com. We look to this person as an expert and you’ll have a lot of autonomy to make technical decisions that are right for Greatist. However, we’ll also rely on you to focus on the current goals as well as bringing new and scalable technology solutions to the table. We are currently using Drupal and hosting through Pantheon. Any experience with those providers would be incredibly useful, but not necessary.
Responsibilities / What Impact You Can Make
- Design and build scalable features that solve problems and help meet goals
- Write/review clean and maintainable, production-quality code
- Collaborate with remote-based engineering team to ensure all systems are in-sync and we’re moving in the same direction
- As a member of a cross-functional team, participate in agile ceremonies: weekly sprint planning meetings, daily stand ups and retrospectives
- Deliver high quality, on-time weekly releases
- Partner with the product manager to help define the Greatist product roadmap
- Establish and maintain best practices with a focus on site speed/performance and scalability
- Maintain and share knowledge in emerging technologies and push tech forward whenever possible
- 3+ years proven experience designing and delivering web project solutions
- 3+ years with PHP, client-side JS (we use AngularJS/jQuery), HTML5/CSS3/SASS
- Experience with a popular CMS such as Drupal or WordPress (we use Drupal 7)
- Experience with Git workflow
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with 3rd party API integration
- Working knowledge of agile/scrum software development
- Experience working in a publishing/media company
Life at Greatist
Launched in 2011, Greatist is now the fastest-growing site in the health space with 10 million uniques every month. This year we won the Webby Award for Best Social Health & Fitness site and we’ve won the People's Voice Webby Award for the best Lifestyle site on the freakin' Internet three years in a row. We were even named one of The 15 Best Startups to Work for in America!
For more on our world-class benefits, check out our careers page.