Grayscale Investments is the world’s largest digital currency asset manager. Through its family of investment products, Grayscale provides access and exposure to the digital currency asset class in the form of a traditional security without the challenges of buying, storing, and safekeeping digital currencies directly. With a proven track record and unrivaled experience, Grayscale’s products operate within existing regulatory frameworks, creating secure and compliant exposure for investors.
Grayscale Investments is seeking a Director, Regulatory Compliance to support the Firm’s Registered Investment Adviser and Broker-Dealer.
- Work on challenging and novel compliance issues to enhance the Firm’s written compliance procedures and strategize solutions to improve areas of weakness and work toward the end goal of ensuring compliance with applicable rules and regulations
- Support the CCO and other verticals of the Firm on regulatory compliance matters and provide technical guidance, support and tailored feedback on regulatory issues
- Analyze governance and risk controls to ensure the Firm is aligned with best practices of peers, regulatory standards and expectations
- Support the Firm’s compliance program under Rules 38a-1 of the Investment Company Act and 206(4)-7 of the Investment Advisers Act
- Assist in the management of regulatory exams and inquiries
- Oversee the testing and monitoring of the Code of Ethics
- Responsible for drafting and enhancing new and existing compliance policies
- Help to identify, prioritize, and elevate risks related to ETFs, private funds, third party relationships, or general conflicts of interest
- Interact with the Board of Trustees; senior management; service providers, subadvisers an regulators
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic achievement
- 8-12 years compliance experience in the financial services industry, including a robust understanding of and experience with digital assets, blockchain technology and wallets and an understanding of the regulatory landscape in digital assets
- Strong experience and detailed working knowledge of US regulation applicable to investment managers including the Investment Advisors Act, SEC rules and compliance programs for investment advisers. Experience with regulatory examinations, investigations or other interactions with the SEC and other regulators will be beneficial. Knowledge of NFA/CFTC rules is also advantageous
- Demonstrable knowledge of U.S. securities laws, particularly the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Investment Advisors Act of 1940, the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and other SEC, CFTC & FINRA regulations
- Experience in managing regulatory dialogues, coordinating regulatory examinations, and responding to regulatory inquiries
- Good knowledge of US ETF regulatory environment, including the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the Securities Act of 1933
- Ability to provide accurate, direct and practical advice in a timely fashion
- Detail oriented with the ability to assess and prioritize projects
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- FINRA Series 7 and 24 required (or willing to obtain upon joining)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.