Grayscale Investments is the world’s largest digital currency asset manager. Through its family of investment products, Grayscale provides access and exposure to the digital currency asset class in the form of a traditional security without the challenges of buying, storing, and safekeeping digital currencies directly. With a proven track record and unrivaled experience, Grayscale’s products operate within existing regulatory frameworks, creating secure and compliant exposure for investors.
Grayscale is currently looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our dynamic engineering team. Grayscale’s small engineering team wears a lot of hats, with each team member having ownership of specific areas of our tech stack and the ability to make a significant impact. All members of the engineering team code review each other’s work across areas of subject matter expertise to ensure redundancy of knowledge. Throughout the year, team members will take on projects in new areas of our tech stack for continuous learning. For this role, the software engineer will:
- Be the lead engineer for the backend maintenance and continuous development for our CMS, Optimizely, which powers Graysacle.com this includes:
- Training other members of the engineering team on how to support the backend of Optimizely with a focus on connecting our data warehouse and APIs to service apps/tools on Grayscale.com
- Manage an external development team on the build of Optimizely and front end development. We ‘re fans of clean, communicative animation at Grayscale.
- Work with the product management team on roadmaps and set expectation on delivery timeline for new features
In this role, you will report directly to the Lead Systems Architect and collaborate closely with various internal stakeholders across Finance, Operations, Marketing, Legal, and Compliance. This collaborative environment will provide you with the opportunity to work alongside professionals from diverse backgrounds and gain insights into various aspects of the business.
Our tech stack is brand new, designed to leverage cutting-edge technologies and tools. We utilize AWS as our cloud platform, enabling scalable and secure infrastructure. Our infrastructure is managed using Terraform, with Kubernetes and Docker for containerization and deployment. We rely on GitLab for our CI/CD processes to ensure smooth and efficient software delivery. Unqork is a no code tool we use to build internal proprietary workflows to support our business. Optimizely is a CMS which supports Grayscale.com
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, automation, and optimization of existing systems and applications.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a proprietary investor portal web application, ensuring its scalability, performance, and security.
- Develop and maintain software systems that adhere to SOX compliance requirements and support regulatory obligations.
- Manage and enhance existing APIs and system integrations to ensure seamless communication between different systems and platforms.
- Become familiar with Unqork’s no code platform, learn the key aspects of the platform.
- Review Unqork application architecture and configuration before promotion
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Finance, Operations, Marketing, Legal, and Compliance, to understand their technology requirements and develop solutions that meet their needs.
- Provide estimates and recommendations on how to break up features for delivery via Jira project management
- Clearly and effectively communicate product delays, and remediation across the organization
- Effectively collaborate with our external integration partners to ensure high quality results
- Provide analysis on vendor products advantages, limitations, and security
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior engineers, fostering a culture of learning and growth within the team.
- Minimum of 5 years of full stack software development
- Experience working with Optimizely
- Familiarity with modern frontend frameworks (e.g., Svelte, React, Angular, Vue.js) and backend technologies (e.g., Node.js, Django, Spring).
- Knowledge of relational databases (e.g., MySQL, SQL Server) and proficiency in SQL.
- Proficient with building cloud based applications
- Ability to own and drive cloud budget conversations
- Experience building API integrations with third-party/vendor platforms
- Experience with queueing frameworks like SQS, Rabbit MQ
- Learn new technologies quickly and can comfortably and effectively discuss the tradeoffs and benefits of various approaches with engineering team and product managers
- Strong drive and high standards to produce excellent results, with a proven track record
- Highly organized and self-motivated, with an ability to work both independently and on a face-paced team
- Bachelor’s Degree, coding boot camp, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in an agile environment
- Experience working in a regulated industry and/or Financial Services
- Interest in digital assets/distributed networks and how they will reshape global finance
- Automation testing frameworks (Playwright)
- Cloud networking and security
- Experience in architecting, analysis and development on any No/Low-Code development platform.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (MongoDb, CouchDb)
- Experience with Identity and Access Management platforms like Okta, Auth0
- Experience with caching frameworks like Redis
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.