Grayscale Investments is the world’s largest digital currency asset manager. Through its family of investment products, Grayscale provides access and exposure to the digital currency asset class in the form of a traditional security without the challenges of buying, storing, and safekeeping digital currencies directly. With a proven track record and unrivaled experience, Grayscale’s products operate within existing regulatory frameworks, creating secure and compliant exposure for investors.
Grayscale Investments is seeking a seasoned Security Architect to join our Security team, reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). The Security Architect will work closely with the Governance and Technology functions to define cloud security standards, link designs to outcomes/operational effect, and create a framework for technical risk assessment and acceptance.
S/he will partner with Engineering, IT and business teams to shape the technical roadmap for Line of Business (LOB) systems and should have hands on experience delivering secure cloud architectures, successfully migrating production systems and leading efforts including threat modelling, control selection, and testing.
S/he will be responsible for ensuring security and functional requirements are adequately balanced, as well as synthesizing the risks and tradeoffs for executive/non-technical audiences.
- Provide technical and security expertise to engineering, IT and business teams to identify security technology solutions and develop security reference architectures and strategies to achieve business results
- Design, build and implement enterprise-class security systems for a production environment
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy
- Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats
- Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Provide direction and guidance in the overall security architecture design, gathering of tool requirements, selection and evaluation of security tools, and the development of implementation plans and roadmaps.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, or a related field
- 5-10 years’ experience in IT risk management and information security
- Advanced understanding of security protocols, cryptography, and security
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with overall security architecture design, gathering of tool requirements, selection and evaluation of security tools, and the development of implementation plans and roadmaps
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure, including designing, deploying and supporting Cloud computing systems
- Familiar with planning, developing, enhancing, and implementing Cyber Security tools for a network environment
- Experience working in a regulated industry and/or Financial Service
- Experience with cryptographic key management a plus
- Relevant certifications (e.g., AWS Solution Architect, CompTIA Security+, CEH, CISSP)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.