Grayscale Investments is the world’s largest digital currency asset manager. Through its family of investment products, Grayscale provides access and exposure to the digital currency asset class in the form of a traditional security without the challenges of buying, storing, and safekeeping digital currencies directly. With a proven track record and unrivaled experience, Grayscale’s products operate within existing regulatory frameworks, creating secure and compliant exposure for investors.
Grayscale Investments is seeking an Associate, Accounting (Fund Accounting) to support the continued growth of its existing investment products and play a key role in supporting other digital currency-focused investment vehicles. The Finance Associate (Fund Accounting) will be deeply involved in a fully range of accounting and finance activities for Grayscale’s growing suite of investment products, with AUM in excess of $30 billion.
The Associate, Accounting (Fund Accounting) should have experience in accounting for asset management or financial services businesses and their investment funds and products. The candidate must be able to think strategically to help maintain all financial and accounting aspects for the investment vehicles including but not limited to operations, fair market valuation, and financial reporting.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements for multiple trusts/funds/investment vehicles
- Generate underlying supporting documentation and tie-out of the quarterly financial statements (10-Qs and 10-Ks), including financial highlights and MD&A
- Support accounting needs for each of the investment trusts with daily reconciliations of digital assets, calculation of each fund’s net asset value and expenses incurred by the asset manager
- Support all accounting operations for the trusts and asset manager including maintaining the general ledger, recording realized and unrealized gains & losses and reconciling fund assets
- Track cost basis and sales of assets and record the unrealized/realized gains for those assets
- Become a key person in the implementation, performance and documentation of internal controls
- Assist in responding to auditor requests for the trusts and asset manager
- Support operational needs of the trusts including reconciling and verifying the assets, valuing the assets held by the trusts, monitoring share counts, and income and expenses for each of the funds
- Assist in the preparation of supporting schedules for annual tax returns and investor information statements
- Publish fund performance and NAV daily on various platforms including company’s website
- Analytical thinker that can work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Multitasker that can manage/prioritize own workload to meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required (CPA preferred)
- Minimum 4 years fund accounting experience required (preferably with a mix of public/private accounting experience)
- Previous experience related to SOX 404 internal controls compliance
- Strong excel skills
- Experience with ActiveDisclosure (preferred)
- Experience with and knowledge of digital currencies (preferred)
- Systems savvy / technology enthusiast - an ability to understand the flow of financial information through systems and the ability to apply technology to improve processes
- Previous experience in a Finance or related role with a focus on process design and improvement.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the Stamford, CT office. However, Grayscale will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.