Grayscale Investments is the world’s largest digital currency asset manager. Through its family of investment products, Grayscale provides access and exposure to the digital currency asset class in the form of a traditional security without the challenges of buying, storing, and safekeeping digital currencies directly. With a proven track record and unrivaled experience, Grayscale’s products operate within existing regulatory frameworks, creating secure and compliant exposure for investors.
Grayscale Investments, an asset manager with assets under management in excess of $33 Billion USD is seeking a Director, Internal Controls to help manage the continued development, implementation and maintenance of the company’s risk-based controls approach that operates in compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX). We are looking for a process and systems-oriented seasoned professional to help manage the company’s internal controls function with an emphasis on utilizing existing and new technology to make processes more efficient. Additionally, the position is responsible for identifying and assisting in documenting new and existing finance and disclosure controls, assisting with the implementation, and documenting of new internal controls, and facilitating management’s assessment of the company’s design and operating effectiveness as it relates to such internal controls.
- Developing and maintaining an internal controls function and internal control concepts including the SOX 404 and COSO internal control frameworks with a focus on IT General Controls.
- Work closely with internal clients including Compliance, Legal, Operations, Finance and Technology teams at all levels in developing documentation of key processes and controls and recommendations regarding business process optimization, internal control, and compliance.
- Participates in the development and implementation of risk assessment and documentation of customer-user-entity-controls for key vendor’s SOC Reports.
- Develop test plans and coordinate the performance of an internal controls testing program utilizing best in class service providers.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of the results of internal controls testing to the Audit Committee.
- Continually monitor and update the assessment of the control environment, keeping abreast of significant control issues, trends and developments.
- Identify and assess the implementation of new controls, as necessary.
- Prepare and update a comprehensive risk-based testing plan for evaluating the effectiveness of controls in place to manage significant risk exposures, ensure the integrity and reliability of information and financial reporting, safeguard company assets, and comply with laws and regulations.
- Identify and design anti-fraud criteria and controls.
- Review finance department business processes and suggest ways to improve such processes.
- A minimum of five years of experience with a public accounting firm.
- A minimum of four years of corporate industry experience related to Internal Audit processes and procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of auditing practices, procedures and principles, sufficient to interpret and analyze complex concepts and apply them in innovative ways. Skills and knowledge should include an extensive understanding of financial, operational and market risk.
- Broker-Dealer/Registered Investment Advisor and/or Asset Management experience highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of financial and operational controls.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the Stamford, CT office. However, Grayscale will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.