Grayscale Investments is the world’s largest digital currency asset manager. Through its family of investment products, Grayscale provides access and exposure to the digital currency asset class in the form of a traditional security without the challenges of buying, storing, and safekeeping digital currencies directly. With a proven track record and unrivaled experience, Grayscale’s products operate within existing regulatory frameworks, creating secure and compliant exposure for investors.
Grayscale Investments seeks a highly capable, proactive, and detail-oriented Copy Editor to help promote and protect Grayscale’s brand and reputation. The Copy Editor will join Grayscale’s communications team, and be responsible for maintaining high quality writing and a consistent brand voice across all of the company’s owned channels.
As a dedicated Copy Editor, you will be a champion for written communications at Grayscale, possessing a deep appreciation for the power of well-constructed messaging that can be tailored across channels and mediums. You will develop a firm grasp of Grayscale’s voice and tone, and will be able to bring it to life in different formats — from research papers to investor notes. You are a devout fan of both the Oxford comma and active voice, and an absolute stickler for proper grammar. You are highly organized, detail-oriented, compliance-minded, and can maintain high-quality writing standards in a fast-paced environment. You are excited about the prospect of multitasking and managing multiple projects simultaneously – and are able to do it all with a positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit.
- EDITORIAL GATEKEEPER: You will ensure fidelity to the company’s brand and voice, reviewing and copyediting all written materials that go out across Grayscale’s owned channels, and encouraging experimentation with new communications and marketing messages and formats.
- BRAND CENTER OF EXCELLENCE: You will build a center of excellence to grow and maintain Grayscale’s written brand guidelines, mentoring those who want to hone their writing skills, managing a team of freelance copyeditors, and helping Grayscale team members better grasp the company’s tone and voice.
- CONTENT CREATOR: You will support the creation of a variety of written communications, including research, white papers, one-pagers, and blog content – as well as our creative marketing and advertising efforts, as appropriate.
- COMPLIANCE CHAMPION: You will partner with our legal/compliance team to ensure that all written materials are approved timely and appropriately.
- Minimum of 5 years working as an in-house copy editor, specifically on a communications, marketing, or research team
- Passion for copy editing, grammar, and punctuation
- Deep understanding of the importance and power of well-constructed, tailored messaging
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a demanding, deadline-oriented environment, while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Thoughtful, curious, self-motivated, positive team player
- Solutions-oriented mindset
- Bachelor’s degree in Strategic Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, Creative Writing, or related field
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.